My Samsung S5 won't stay connected to my home wireless network.
Simoriah2525

When I'm at work, my cell stays connected to their wireless network flawlessly, but at home, it's a different story. My connection to my home wireless network drops constantly and repeatedly, even though I am in the same room with my router. Everytime I reconnect, it drops again after a minute or 2. I just noticed this in the past few weeks, so I don't know if I've downloaded an app that affected it somehow?

0 Likes
Re: My Samsung S5 won't stay connected to my home wireless network.
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried to reboot the router? I have to do that every once in a while since there I have a lot of connection on it.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

has the firmware on the router been updated??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Simoriah2525,

WiFi is a great way to stay connected and keep your plan data to a minimum when possible. It does concern us to hear you are having some trouble with your connection at home but we will work on getting this resolved for you. Kethy65793 had a great question in asking if you have tried rebooting your router? Do you have other devices that are able to connect to the same router without any issues?  

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KARPAL69
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone was having the same issue after trying everything, resetting, updating with phone and wi fi, i found in the verizon app, security and privacy my wifi had been blocked.  One threat had been found that said it left my phone open to someone possiblely listening in on my activity.   I was able to unblock and the same message came up, only this time i did not block and it has stayed on.  Hope this helps.

Karen