Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
My mobile hotspot quite
Sfu55

Mobile hotspot quit working after installing latest Samsung security update. Error message is mobile number not found. How do I get my hotspot back up and running?

0 Likes
Re: My mobile hotspot quite
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sfu55,

I know how much I rely on my mobile hotspot to get necessary work done, and I wouldn't want you to be without this great function either. So, let's work together and get to the bottom of this hiccup in your hotspot. How are your other data services working on your device (apps, browser, etc.)? Have you powered your device down completely since the update went through? If not, here are the steps on how to do so, just in case you need them: http://spr.ly/6588DN6kq

Keep us posted so we can ensure this gets resolved for you.

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sfu55

Powered down completely a couple of times since the security update. Still no Hotspot available. Same error message. Only other service I have noticed that are effected is my text messaging send fails if my phone number is included in the group message. If it's a non group message text still works. Error on gro ui o text is one of the numbers is invalid.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, Sfu55. If you are having trouble sending some message types, clearing the app cache for the messaging app you primarily use can sometimes help with this. It will not affect your saved messages, as these are found in your internal storage, rather than your app cache. You can view instructions for this by following this link: http://spr.ly/6584DNdGa.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: My mobile hotspot quit
Dharmabum65

Still didn't answer the question, how do we get the hotspot to work again?

I have reset ALL of my settings, did a factory restore and still nothing.

I sincerely hope Verizon can find my number as they seem to not have ANY PROBLEMS finding my bank account.

0 Likes