My s5 is always dropping calls, is there a setting I need to change or what could be wrong?
muss100

My s5 is always dropping calls, it doesn't matter if I am calling someone who has a cell phone or a landline. Is there a setting I need to change?

0 Likes
Re: My s5 is always dropping calls, is there a setting I need to change or what could be wrong?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely strange, muss100. We're here to help out! What zip code are you located in? Do you notice a difference with call quality indoors versus outdoors?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My s5 is always dropping calls, is there a setting I need to change or what could be wrong?
muss100

I am in the 85355 zip code.  It seems to have better call quality and not drop as many calls if I am outside.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you had the issue your seeing in your s5 with past cellphones.. Does things change with the s5 when your move to different rooms in the house?

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Rf signal troubles inside the home which vzw doesn't guarantee they'll most likely recommend a network extender with foliage etc during summer months. But need to know if previous phones worked there usually basic phones pick up better as vzw thinkers with lte network

0 Likes
muss100

I had a droid previously and it never dropped a call in the 2 years I had it.  My husband got the new htc phone the same time I got my s5 which was only a month ago and he has never dropped a call. It is very frustrating.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If it's ok to ask what is your house mainly made of,  Brick n Morter, Hardboard siding Vinyl Siding or Steel siding, sometimes whats in your house can factor but it just might be the phone, you might try another Sim Card, and as I was reading your post you said your phone did ok outside.!  how does it work say at the Mall or the Grocery Store locations like that, if your getting a sub-par signal in those location as well as I mentioned it may be a good Idea to have the Sim change out.. and I would try switching from Global to LTE  / CDMA see what that does..

Hope that Helps  Good Luck b33

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Try carefully pulling battery and Sim so your device can update its preferred roaming list. Power back on to test.Yeah you may need a new sim. If I was in your situation I'd put your sim in the HTC and vice versa to see if the s5 still drops calls. Swapping Sims just puts his number on your phone for testing won't change anything and you can just swap back. If your line doesn't drop while in HTC and the s5 continues to have poor service then it's probably your phone or its ability to pick up rf signal inside the home. If your line drops calls in HTC you should pick up a free sim a vzw corporate store.

B33
Legend