MyVerizon App
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

I just updated to Android 7 Nougat. Everything seems to work fine except the MyVerizon app when you have to log on with your password. Then it crashes. I rebooted the phone and disabled the app and reinstalled updates. If you don't have to submit your password (for most things you don't) the app works fine. I wanted to block a phone number and the app just crashes (after submitting my password) and closes. I added the blocked number via my laptop. The MyVerizon app is I guess the older version since I don't have a new plan (It says that in the Google Playstore info about the app). I guess the app has a problem with Nougat update. It worked fine before with Android 6.

0 Likes
Re: MyVerizon App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am disappointed that this is happening. Let's get this figured out. IS the App up to date? Go to PlayStore and search My Verizon. Also, are you getting an error message at all?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

I updated the app. I can't uninstall and reinstall the app because Verizon won't allow it. I even disabled the app and re enabled app then re updated it. I can sign in with my password and everything on the app works great except if you want to go to the Manage Family Safeguards and Controls then enter the password. If you go to that, the app crashes and closes. No error message. The app is messed up. I am on an old calling plan. There is a note in the Playstore for MyVerizon stating that I have a new icon but the same My Verizon app experience is same as before. It worked when I had 6.0 but 7.0 does not work with the MyVerizon app with Manage Family Safeguard and Controls. Everything on the app works great except this one thing. There is a problem with the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly interesting to hear, KSGerber. Have you downloaded any other apps recently? Have you tried restarting your device in Safe Mode and testing the app?

MahrizaP_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

I have not downloaded any new apps. I rebooted in safemode, no change. The only change  is upgrading to Nougat 7.0. I think there is a problem with the MyVerizon app. It only crashes and closes when I want to do the Manage Family Safeguards and Controls and enter my password. Everything else on the app works fine such as pay bills or check data usage. I think the problem is with the app not my phone. I had a news app not work well and crash on occasion when I updated to a newer version of android a while ago, a few months later they fixed the app and it worked fine. I think there is the same problem here. I don't do it very often and I guess I will update my block phone # list on my laptop to the Verizon web site.

0 Likes
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

@KSGerber @AlbertoR_VZW @MahrizaP_VZW

For what it's worth, I did an experiment and used the My Verizon app and clicked on the Manage Family Safeguards and Controls selection and was prompted for my password. Obviously, I was already logged but this is all about security and what-not. I entered the correct password, clicked login, and the app swiftly closed with no error message. I've never had reason to use the feature before so I don't know if this only started after the Nougat update or not. Thankfully, I don't actually need to currently access the safeguards and control settings.

I have no problems when I am required to login to the manage other features of my account option via the My Verizon app. This seems to be specific to only the Safeguards and control settings.

You aren't alone, KSGerber!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you reaching out to us. Have you tried uninstalling the app completely and then re-installing? KleoL_VZW

0 Likes
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

The MyVerizon app cannot be uninstalled. I disabled it and then enabled it and reinstalled updates. I have tried everything. The problem is not on my end. The app has a problem. It needs to be fixed. It is not a big deal since most of the app works fine and I can update blocking phone numbers online with my laptop. There seems to be a slight difference with the MyVerizon app withe those on older calling plans and the new plans according to the app info on the google play store. The app worked fine before Nougat. So far this is the only problem I've had with Nougat. I appreciate the help but people are suggesting things I have already tried and stated earlier.

0 Likes
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

Exactly. The problem is with the app since the Nougat update. I sometime get spam calls and I block them. I work nights and I hate getting woken up in the day. It is more convenient to block the number on my phone but I just log on with my laptop and can do it. At least I am not alone with this. Thank you for letting me know that.

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

@KSGerber @KleoL_VZW

No problem. Just wanted to make sure you didn't think it was just you and let Verizon know, as well.

On a side note, I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app before my previous post. If you try to run the originally unremovable bundled app it forces update to the newest version. No surprise there and I did so. As expected the problem persists after the uninstall/reinstall. The problem is either the app, the Nougat update, or both. Regardless, the problem exists and I will NOT be doing a factory reset to test to see if that helps. It might... or not. Too much else going on to deal with that hassle, right now.

0 Likes