NOTE 10 PLUS 5G
Stephanieisabel92
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been keeping up to date on verizon 5g rollout. Come to find out phones purchased in 2019 are not compatible with 5g network on Verizon. Apprently 2019 5g phones do not have the correct 5g networking chips. How is Verizon dealing with this concern. I purchased mine in 2019 note 10 plus 5g and I can't get 5g this is false marketing and will upset many customers. I do have 5g in my area available  already. Will verizon allow customers to switch device to a 2020 5g or ?

Labels (1)
Re: NOTE 10 PLUS 5G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Stephanie. I would love to clear this up. You will be able to see %G on your device. You will be able to us The 5G Ultra network. Learn all about it here: https://www.verizon.com/support/5g-mobile-faqs/

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
Stephanieisabel92
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still does not offer me a solution. Device was advertised as 5G ready. Verizon is not taking responsibility nor providing  customer with an adequate  solution. I spoke with customer care. The only solution is that I upgrade device, which will cost me roughly about 500 plus dollars and loose my discounts.  Truly I'm so over verizon at this point. Why continue to pay for services when my device is not compatible  with Verizon 5g networking. This device was manufactured  specifically  for Verizon! Samsung claims Verizon is the one that needs to either replace devices for free for customers or provide no ETFs. If I pay for the service and device monthly I expect to get what I pay for. Especially with this worldwide Covid19 garbage Many citizens barely meet ends meet yet Verizon wants them to pay more. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You mention having worked with customer service, but I've sent a Private Note to gather another look into the options. 

David_VZW

0 Likes
Stephanieisabel92
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just replied. With info requested. Even through chat, agents have no idea what customers are referring to. Like omg im just so over verizon. Every agent tells you a different  story. 

Stephanieisabel92
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can definitely  agree. They PM me then stop replying. 

yyhk123
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are in the 5G area with 5G plan and it still doesnt work, then download samsung members app and submit a ticket through the app. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure you get responded to, I'm sorry to learn about any delay. I will send you another Private Note, to make sure you're taken care of. 

Christina B_VZW

0 Likes
emtownsend
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guys, I have been on PM all day with Verizon and they clearly do not understand.  They must have some memo saying the Note 10+ works with 5G, but I can tell you that mine certainly does not.  They have also refused to escalate my complaint for me.  I have asked them one more time to do so.

I travel frequently and it has never worked in any big or small city since the day I got it in Sept 2019.  Even a warranty swapped device last month did not make a bit of difference.

I feel our only recourse is to file a BBB complaint here:  https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

I filed a complaint with the BBB and am hoping for some sort of resolution.

Jymnell
Enthusiast - Level 2

How about when the agent goes into the whole, "you're not in the coverage area at your home address"