New Silent Notification Always On
Sachs

Beginning with the update to Android 10, all my notifications are now set to "silent notification", an option I cannot find in settings. I have found that I can press/hold-down a notification to have the option to set it to "alert" or "silent", with "silent" as the default.

How do I switch the default to "alert" and only "silent" those that I wish?

This may or may not be related to why my Verizon Messager+ are silent notifications as well, even those I tried to change it to "alert" not "silent".

Can anyone help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Silent Notification Always On
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are able to get your notifications on your device. Can you send us a screenshot of what you see with your notifications? What is the make and model of your device? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
Sachs

Make: Samsung S9+

Model Number: SM-G95U

Screenshot

2020-03-20_18-15-59.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the screenshot. Please use the following link to configure your silent notifications to your liking: http://spr.ly/66091QlHW

JesusG_VZW

0 Likes
Sachs

Alas, it is not text messaging that is the issue, but the very "Silent Notification" itself that is.

As the subject line states, the "new silent notification always on" for all notifications.

I have to manually change each and everyone back to normal.

Where is the setting to shut "Silent Notification" off? Or customize it as I wish?

0 Likes