Night clock not working after Marshmallow update...
blackbird19
Enthusiast - Level 2

After updating to Marshmallow, my Note Edge night clock no longer works.  Anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Night clock not working after Marshmallow update...
JEFBER1701
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello.  I had this same problem until I turned off all alarms in the built-in clock app.  I have since downloaded an alarm clock app from the Google Play Store and used it for my alarm clock.  Granted, this is not a solution - just a workaround that happened to work for me.  Hopefully they are working on a new Marshmallow build to fix all the bugs in this software update (I have found a few annoyances).  Personally, I wish I could revert back to KitKat as it seemed to work best and was customized for this awesome phone.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to able to use all the functions on your phone blackbird19. Lets get to the bottom of this. What specific issues are you having with the clock?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
blackbird19
Enthusiast - Level 2

My specific issue is that my clock doesn't come on at night even when it is active in the edge screen settings and a time period is specified. I've tried different times of day and have tried 12 hour vs 24 hour clocks. Nothing... And this problem all started after i upgraded to Marshmallow. I even tried a factory reset after I updated to perform a fresh install and it still doesn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

blackbird19 Thank you for the details, I understand we need to get your clock functioning properly. I would be lost if my clock did not work. We are ready to get started troubleshooting but if you don't mind I have a question. I want to make sure you went through apps - settings - edge screen - night clock. DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
blackbird19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I went through settings - edge screen - night clock. See attached. Even with this setting turned ON, my edge screen is black all night.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are not giving up blackbird19. We will find the culprit and figure out what changed. When was the software update done on your device? Have you tried wiping the cache partition? Turn the Galaxy Note Edge off> Press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until the device vibrates> When the Samsung logo appears, release them> Tap Volume Down repeatedly until you Wipe Cache Partition. Try and keep us posted.

JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes
JEFBER1701
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello.  I had this same problem until I turned off all alarms in the built-in clock app.  I have since downloaded an alarm clock app from the Google Play Store and used it for my alarm clock.  Granted, this is not a solution - just a workaround that happened to work for me.  Hopefully they are working on a new Marshmallow build to fix all the bugs in this software update (I have found a few annoyances).  Personally, I wish I could revert back to KitKat as it seemed to work best and was customized for this awesome phone.

Hope this helps.

blackbird19
Enthusiast - Level 2

JEFBER1701, you totally nailed it. I deleted my alarms and the night clock worked. Thank you. I agree on hoping they are working on an update for this update. Lol I too am having other annoyances that trump the benefits so far. I think part of the problem is this update is the same as what the note 4 got. All previous software versions had a dedicated package for the note edge. It makes sense in that the night clock is unique to the note edge and isn't working right after this "common" update to Marshmallow. I guess we'll see what happens but thank you for the work around tip!

blackbird19
Enthusiast - Level 2

JorgeO_VZW, my update occurred 6/12/16. I let the update download and fully install. I made sure the device restarted and was functional. Then, I did a complete factory data reset to have a fresh, clean install of the new OS. (I even wiped my SD card.) The night clock not working is the biggest frustration but there are other issues I've noted since updating. (i.e. Randomly when I try to unlock my device (via fingerprint), it will ask for a backup password instead saying the device was restarted.) This is annoying when it happens but not as troubling as the night clock that I've become addicted to. Thanks for your help looking into this.

0 Likes
VANHAMMER

Same issue here. If i swipe the edge screen back and forth when the night clock should be on then the edge will light up and do the info scroll then when that times out the night clock will work. Please fix.

0 Likes