No AUDIO when uing Android Auto for phone calls on Note 20 Ultra
GoHurdler
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to use Android Auto to make phone calls via voice command such as, "Hey, Google dial ×××-×××-××××," on my Note 20 Ultra I see the call on my car's display but no audio. I don't  hear the call dialing out and I don't hear anyone on the other side of the call.

If I disconnect the USB cable from the Note 20 Ultra (thus disengaging Android Auto), I can then make calls and hear the audio using just Bluetooth capabilities where I have to physically dial the numbers.

When I checked the settings on the Note 20 Ultra while it was connected to my car via USB and thus via Android Auto, it showed that audio was disengaged. When I tried to turn it back on, it would just slide back to the off position. When I unplugged the USB cable and had the phone connected via Bluetooth only, the audio tab was turned on.

I have tried deleting the Bluetooth profile on my phone and my car's system (Pioneer AVIC-8100 NEX) and adding it back on but the problem persists.

I upgraded from a Note 8 and did NOT have this issue with calls via Android Auto.

And yes, my phone has the latest firmware and app updates.

Screenshot_20201223-201137_Settings.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No AUDIO when uing Android Auto for phone calls on Note 20 Ultra
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, GoHurdler. Android Auto is a great feature, so thanks for taking those steps to help fix it. Have you uninstalled the Android Auto app? If not, please uninstall, then reinstall the app https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-232954/. Keep us posted.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: No AUDIO when uing Android Auto for phone calls on Note 20 Ultra
GoHurdler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello TracyB_VZW,

Yes, I un-installed and reinstalled Android Auto. I have contacted Samsung support, whose troubleshooting steps did not help along with calling Verizon Wireless support, which also didn't help.

VZW support told me to factory reset my phone, which I have not done and may not do because it seems too extreme of an option with no guarantee of working.

0 Likes