Not able to navigate to other phone features while on a call.
CARWOR44

Not able to navigate to other phone features while on a call.  I used to be able to check/send texts, go to my gallery, or go on the internet all while on a call.  Now if I try to navigate somewhere else while on a call I get the error "Unfortunately, phone has stopped working".  I've powered off/on. Powered off and took the battery out.  But issue hasn't been resolved.  What can I try next?

0 Likes
Re: Not able to navigate to other phone features while on a call.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CARWOR44, I know the importance of being able to multi-task while on a phone conversation. We appreciate all the steps that you've completed on your own. Let's keep looking into this issue. How long has this been going on? Were there any recent changes to your device when this started to happen (new apps or software update)? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CARWOR44

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. This has been going on for a couple weeks. I did recently have a system update, but this issue stayed after that. Not immediately after. No new apps have been added.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@CARWOR44

Thanks for providing the additional information. Let’s take a closer look.

Do you only get this error when you’re trying to navigate your device features while on a call? Please tell me your device’s current software version number: http://vz.to/2efdunr.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CARWOR44

Hello,

Yes, this is only an issue when I'm on a call.  Below is the info on my phone.  Let me know if you need anything.  Thanks for looking into this!

Android Version: 6.0.1

Android Security Patch Level: February 1, 2017

Baseband Version: G900VVRS2DQB2

Kernel Version: 3.4.0 - dpi@SWHC3705 #1 - Feb 13

Build Number: MMB29M.G900VVRS2DQB2

0 Likes
derekr_vzw
Verizon Employee

carwar44,

I appreciate the device information. Let's try the phone in Safe Mode to see if it acts the same way. This will allow us to test the phone without any 3rd party app and help us narrow down the cause. Here are the steps.

Restart in Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S 5 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
CARWOR44

Hello,

Before I put my phone in Safe Mode, will that impact any of the views or functionality of my phone?  I work from home so my cell phone is critical to my day-to-day.  Before I make any changes just want to know if anything, including apps, will work any differently than normal.

Thank you,

Caralyn

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a good question. Safe mode will not change the function of calls, text, or data. It does remove all 3rd party apps while it is on. To exit Safe Mode, simply power the devicce on and off.

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
CARWOR44

Hello,

Unfortunately safe mode didn't do it.  I put my phone on safe mode and I made a call.  While on the call I hit the home button and I'm still getting the same error "Unfortunately, Phone has stopped".  Anything else I can try or should I take it to a Verizon store to have someone look at it?

Thank you,

Caralyn

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh bummer! Sorry to learn that this didn't do the trick here CARWOR44. Thank you for trying this with the phone. Let's see if we can save you a trip to the store though. Can you please check to ensure HD Voice is enabled with the phone? Click here for the steps: http://spr.ly/65838b733. Once you have confirmed this is ON, can you test this again with your phone to see if that error comes back?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes