Not receiving text messages on s21
Ch3964

I am sure I am not alone in this matter but ever since the September Samsung update I cannot receive ANY text messages. I can call out and receive calls and even send text messages. This has been happening since last week after I updated my phone. I have tried literally everything. Called Verizon twice and spent hours on the phone to no avail. If I toggle the airplane mode I can get like a few from hours earlier, but something is still wrong.  Restarting and clearing cache is useless.  Anyone have any solutions? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text messages on s21
MJhnsn143
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem with my S21 Ultra, but found if I remove my sim card and then put it back in , all my missing text messages start showing up.  The first time I missed 32 messages - the second time on 23.  This is my work phone, so needless to say this has got to be fixed....like soon!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there Ch3964 and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are concerned to learn that you are having some trouble receiving your messages since the update, but we are here to help. To confirm, which text app are you using on your phone? Can you share the software version number that you are running currently?

-Candice

0 Likes
Ch3964

Software version: G991USQS5CVHB

I was using Google messages before this all happened. Then after it happened I switched to Samsung messages thinking it would fix the problem, but nothing. So I am back using Google messages and that isn't working either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When you do updates on your device, and it does cause issues, reach out to Samsung support, and they are able to work on your device. *Rhonda

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
UofPitt99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue with my s21 FE.  I went days without receiving a text, then all of a sudden I got 70 messages yesterday.  I don't know what happened, or why I started to get messages.  No notification of a software update or anything from Verizon.  I'd like to know if the issue has been permanently resolved.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure that this issue has been resolved completely as well, UofPitt99. To confirm, have you been able to receive text messages just fine since you received the lump sum of them?

-Marshall

0 Likes