Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 10.8K Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Not recieving texts/calls consistently
CHRLEN56
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Galaxy S9 on Verizon is not receiving texts or calls consistently. This has been happening periodically but is getting worse. I can receive some phone calls, but many times someone will call and my phone will not ring, nor will I get a missed call notification. I am also not always sending or receiving text messages on a timely matter. I can send a text and it says sent but the recipient will not receive it for several hours later. Same with receiving; contacts will tell me they sent a text and I do not get the text until much later. This is happening from quite a few different people who have a variety of different phones and cell providers; my phone appears to be the issue. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: Not recieving texts/calls consistently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LAULEN17, 

We want to make sure you can receive all your calls and messages in a timely matter. We never want you to miss anything important. Let's gather some clues. When did this start happening for you? Did anything change or happen to your device? Is your phone backed up and running the most current software? Here is how to check your software and update if needed https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s9-update/ on your device?

Jenelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHRLEN56
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started happening at least 2 months ago, possibly longer. My phone is backed up and running the most current software.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Every detail helps us to get this resolved for you. Do you know if any changes were made to your Galaxy S9 around the time that this started?

0 Likes