Note 10+ 5G SM-N976V Doesn't get 5G
Waukrob
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my Note 10+ 5G when it first came out in 2019.  The plan I had (until 8/6/2021) did not support 5G, but that was ok because 5G was not here (Milwaukee) yet.  I recently upgraded my plan to Start Unlimited (this plan supports 5G).  I looked forward to taking advantage of the full capabilities of my phone.   I noticed that 5G was not coming through after switching to the Unlimited Plan.  I went back to the store and they found that I did not have the proper SIM card.  So they put a 5G SIM card in and off I go.  I noticed that the phone still did not pick up 5G (by the way 5G is all over Milwaukee at this point).  I go back to the store and discuss the matter with the manager and he states that there is nothing that they can do.  Wrong answer, there's always something you can do.  I did not request a full refund, I just wanted to be treated fairly.  I have now started contacting Attorney's who have Class Action lawsuit experience.  I can't be the only person experiencing this.

Problem Number 1  - Wrong SIM card installed

Problem Number 2 - No remedy to the problem

Problem Number 3 - Verizon left me feeling like I was scammed

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 10+ 5G SM-N976V Doesn't get 5G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us Waukrob. The last thing we want is for you to feel misled or scammed. We want to make sure that you have access to all of our services. The Note 10 + device is great. I have the regular version and not the 5G like yours. Your device will support 5G Ultra-Wideband, however, it does not support our 5G Nationwide signal. The following link will have more information about the differences in our 5G signal, device compatibility, and the locations where you can find the service. https://www.verizon.com/support/5g-mobile-faqs/  Please let us know if you have additional questions.  ~Roger

0 Likes