Note 3 and Missing Knox
FLee123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, when will Samsung Knox return to my Note 3?  Please read the entire post.  I purchased the Note 3 within the first weeks of it's availability.  I wanted the larger screen and the security of the Samsung Knox app.

Out of the box the phone was great, then came the first software update push.  The reception I had for the first week was now gone.  Same locations now were marginal if not No Service... even running up Rt 93 (highway in NH where I commute).  I stayed patient and adapted my usage counting on Verizon to correct this push.  Plenty of other features to explore and learn, like Knox.

I looked for the Knox app icon, searched the device, found youtubes and other references on the Internet, but could not find the icon on my device.  I found many Knox services & processes running.  It was even listed and selected as a Device Administrator but no icon.  No I did not accidentally do anything to the icon and I still had not added or removed any software... still in out-of-the-box condition.  I thought maybe the software push "bumped" my Knox... stay patient... Verizon will correct this too.

I continued to integrate the device into my routine but was checking for the software updates the would correct what the last update apparently did.  Finally, a new update... Yes, Apply!  Tada!  Your device is up to date with MJE!  Awesome... let's checkout the reception and find Knox!  Reception... unchanged.  Okay well let's find Kno.... where did it go?!?  The Device Admin and all but one service/ process GONE!   I rebooted and checked for updates... what is going on?  I checked the community, Googled and chatted with Samsung.  I called Verizon Support and spoke with a very nice tech, for a couple of hours, who was very interested in helping.  She ended up taking a new device out the box and verified Knox was there as I described then performed updates and POOF!  GONE!  She said it must have been a Samsung issue and gave me their number.

A couple of weeks ago I went the Best Buy were there was a Samsung rep in the Samsung display area.  I asked him about Knox and if there was another update forthcoming.  He was dismayed and pulled out his personal Note 3 with Knox.  We looked at the functioning displays and there was Knox.  It appears that Note 3 and Knox have been working without issue or removal on Sprint.  He was going to ask his support community then email me... no email.

I returned to the store where I purchased the device and explained everything.  They weren't knowledgeable or even aware of Knox.  They contacted Support for about thirty minutes until I mentioned I wanted my device swapped out.  My thought was to hopefully get a device with the original software then deny all updates.  Got the new device and all updates were forced... same issues.

Where are my corrections?  I purchased this device based on the advertisements by and reputations of Verizon and Samsung.  Knowing that Sprint has the same device and Knox tells me it is not a Samsung issue.  This is my thinking, I buy a car at the dealership in town and something is wrong with the seatbelt... I go back to that dealership not the seatbelt manufacturer.  I bought the device from Verizon... something is wrong with my device... Verizon should work with Samsung IF it is not a Verizon issue.  There is even some chatter saying Verizon and Samsung are having a tiff with each over... not good PR for either company.  Please do not publish any links or solutions you have not tested and are not 100% certain of... credibility suffers otherwise.  This is yours to win!  I accept things take time to fix.  Good luck and thank you for taking the time to read all of this.  Best Regards!

Re: Note 3 and Missing Knox
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Good luck we've already discussed this with them and if the even know what Knox is they'll just give you the run-around.   It sounds like the only option is to switch carriers.

0 Likes
FLee123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe so JRAHNBO2 but I'm going to keep hoping.  The Verizion people I've spoken with seem to really care.  They may not know what all the apps are on all the phones Verizon sells... there are many... but they are good people and they care.  I may not get what I bought or want but maybe they will at least say why Verizon removed the app... I'd like my reception too.  Keep hoping!

0 Likes
FLee123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good morning Verizon Smiley Happy   Any comments?

0 Likes
FLee123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smiley SadJust paid $295.00 for the "service" my Verizon Note 3 and 2 other lines.  Feeling a lot Smiley SadI had hoped I paid enough at least for a response from V.  I won't check back here again... V, you know my number if you want to help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FLee123,

That's not the way I want you to feel, we're here to help you with any concerns you have; we value having you as a customer. Please contact the Application Developer to address any questions about availability.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gravitas
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would really love to get a Samsung rep and VZ rep in the same room together. Samsung made Knox freely availble to it's carriers (worked great on my old vz gs4), but when I switched to the GN3 (which, as far as I can tell is the business user flagship) VZ pulled support for the app. Samsung maintains to this day that it was a VZ decision, one that they have never explained to the user base. Very dissatisfying.

0 Likes