Note 4 won't update to marshmallow - DRK issue when resetting
MUSTANG58LX
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone won't update to marshmallow has a 410 error.  After trying several times and factory resetting the phone it says device does not have drk please install drk first.  I'm not sure what has caused this but would like to update to Marshmallow.    The phone has updated without any issues in the past.

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 won't update to marshmallow - DRK issue when resetting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you reaching out to us Mustang58LX. We want your phone running on the latest and greatest software too and you've done some great steps this far. Let's see what's going on. Have you attempted to use our Software Repair Assistant? If not, no worries. Here's a link with more information: http://vz.to/1MpCiIp Are you doing this over WiFi or Verizon Data? 

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MUSTANG58LX
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried it both ways.  I'm getting error 410.  When it tries to install the update in boot recovery I get the dead Android.  then the phone restarts and says software update was unsuccessful.  I've used the VZW upgrade assistant to repair which went fine and when trying to upgrade it says there are no updates, which is wrong.   I've tried using kies3, same thing.

0 Likes
MAGUMLMM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think your guardian angel is watching out for you! I wish I had not updated yesterday! Lots of issues!

MUSTANG58LX
Enthusiast - Level 1

No other messages or updates for this issue in over 24 hours?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is usually a two day waiting period before the VZW reps respond as to give the community members to provide assistance and/or suggestions for this peer to peer public community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’ve gone through a lot to get the Marshmallow update and we’ll do everything possible to finish it Mustang58LX. How much available storage do you have on the phone? You can use this helpful link to check the storage http://vz.to/297hsfC

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us those details, MUSTANG58LX. Let’s keep digging and get your phone up to date with the latest software. Can you please let us know what version you are currently running right now? Click here: http://vz.to/1V5lJVB . Did you restore your content or did you setup as a new device after the reset? We want to ensure we’re setting it up as a new device until the new software installs. Keep us posted.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

try booting into recovery and clearing the system cache before running the upgrade.

0 Likes