Note 7 Recall Options
KRIWED1

I bought a Note 7 at Costco on Aug 31. After hearing about the recall I waited to see what would happen. My preference would be to get a safe Note 7. Originally, they claimed they would be ready within a week or so but then CPSC got involved and the timeline became unclear. When purchasing the Note 7, I switched from AT&T and my husband received a free phone. Returning didn't seem to be cut and dry unless I wanted an S7, which I do not. Since I was approaching the 14 day return deadline for at least my husband’s phone, I wanted to make an informed decision and stopped into a Verizon store. The gentleman I spoke with started the conversation with the fact that he owns a Note 7 and had no plans to return it. That is his personal choice, but as a representative of Verizon I don't think he should advertise the fact that he is going against the advice of Samsung in a recall about a potentially dangerous device (however low the risk). He explained that I could borrow an S7 or an S7 Edge and trade it in when the new Note's come in. Perhaps I just didn't understand the way he presented it, but I read that I wasn't borrowing an S7, I would be purchasing it, and would take a loss on trying to sell it later. He said whatever I did I needed to do it by Sept 30 because he heard they were going to turn everyone's phones off and I would then be on my own. I told him that that didn't sound right because if they were to turn the phone off and it was an official recall they should still take the phone back and give me a refund or equivalent device. Whatever happens, I should not be losing money as this mess is most certainly not my fault. Could someone please give me more clarity on what my options are? I'm currently leaning towards returning both phones and going back to AT&T until this is sorted out.

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 Recall Options
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KRIWED1, I apologize that your communication with the representative at our store didn't give you clarification needed. We do recommend that you return the device as your safety is our number one priority. You are able to exchange it for a different device without any return/restocking fees. We are allowing our customer to exchange back to the Note 7 when the new Note 7 device is released. However, I do recommend reaching out to a member of management at the Costco you originally purchased the Note 7 to get their process for the recall. 

0 Likes