Re: Note 7 clarification
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Casper1102:

Could you please clarify the meaning of:

"manually change the"payoff" if the new phone from 100% to 50%".

What were you promised? Thanks.

0 Likes
madams144
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tamara.  Please clarify.  If I choose the S7 Edge, and I select the device payment program, is the S7 Edge bought today "Annual Eligible" which means I can exit no cost at 50% contract term?

0 Likes
gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you explain what you mean by moving to a safe device doesn't require an upgrade? From what i understand if you don't already have a spare device you will have to burn your upgrade.

0 Likes
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Keep in mind....you are not being forced to stop using it. Just keep it

0 Likes
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Until they shut off my service or there is a BETTER phone released.... i'm keeping it

jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

TamaraH_VZW, that is simply not going to cut it. I don't have an old device to fall back on, nor do I have a friend or family member who has a phone I can use for the next five months until the S8 most likely is released. I honestly can't believe these are the best options Verizon can offer considering the issue at hand.

Why is it so hard for Verizon to make an exception to policy for Note 7 owners affected by this and let us receive a decent and safe device, albeit not what we want, while KEEPING OUR UPGRADE ELIGIBILITY so we can upgrade to a device that we actually want to own? Verizon gets to sell another phone in a few months while keeping their customers happy. We're not asking for much here. I bet most would gladly move to an S7 Edge today if we are guaranteed to keep our upgrade eligibility moving forward.

Instead, Verizon wants to take advantage of the situation and push people into a two-year contract for a device they don't want, knowing full well that these people will want to upgrade to an S8 or Note 8(or whatever it's called). They know that a majority of these people will pay off their unwanted device to upgrade. This all seems like a ploy to make more money through people who are already sick of dealing with this mess.

adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

madams144,

Happy to clarify. Indeed it would and you can verify the terms and conditions of the Annual Upgrade Program as well as determine available devices by visiting Annual Upgrade Program Terms and Conditions | Verizon Wireless.

AdamG_VZW    

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSuport

0 Likes
anthonyc_vzw
Verizon Employee

I am happy to help answer your questions about the Note 7 recall, MARSAB35. I apologize for any confusion. If you exchange your Note 7 for a different phone at a discounted price it will require a two year contract. You may return your Note 7 for a refund and activate an old phone if you wish. If you purchased the Note 7 with a new two year contract we have already reset the dates automatically to 8/1/16. If you purchased the Note 7 with a device payment agreement we have automatically canceled it. This means your upgrade and contract dates will be preserved for you to use at a later time if you prefer. We are still expecting you to return the Note 7 at your earliest convenience. There is not a specific time frame for returning your device announced yet. May I ask if you received a recall box to send it back yet?

AnthonyC_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MERSHE25
Enthusiast - Level 2

You spoke with 2 representatives? There is not enough time in my day. I'm still holding to speak to number 1 going on 50 minutes with no extended wait warning or timer whatsoever. I've been a Verizon customer for less than 2 months and it has been problem after problem.. after problem. What a nightmare.

0 Likes
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

AnthonyC_vzw, please explain what you mean by "Sadly keeping the Note 7 device is not an available option".

It's my understanding that replacing the replacement Note7 with a different phone is merely a recommendation.  If not, please clarify. Are you saying that Verizon intends to somehow force current Note7 users to downgrade to a different device or otherwise stop using their device on the Verizon network (not withstanding its ban on aircraft)?  If this is the case, then you (Verizon) need to say so now, or else I believe there could be legal consequences.