Note 7 recall is a joke...Safety they dont care about safety!
ZANCHI72
Enthusiast - Level 2

If verizon really cares about safety why do I have to pay my bill before  can receive a replacement phone for the exploding phone

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 7 recall is a joke...Safety they dont care about safety!
rcschnoor
Legend

In that case, I would have showed them on any device in the store where Verizon's website, with the backing of the US GOVERNMENT because of the recall, that Verizon will accept a RETURN or EXCHANGE WITHOUT restocking fees.

Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall FAQs | Verizon Wireless

"5.       What will I get if I take my Note7 back to a Verizon Wireless retail store?

You may exchange your existing Note7 for any device without a restocking fee. For any exchange, you'll receive:

• A refund for the price difference between the devices, if applicable
  • A full refund or exchange for any Note7 accessories purchased from Verizon

If you would like to wait for a replacement Note7 device, those devices will be available starting on September 20. If you choose a Samsung replacement product, you'll receive a $25.00 discount towards the purchase of new accessories or a $25 bill credit.

Alternatively, instead of an exchange you can get a full refund at a Verizon Wireless store for the Note7 and any Note7 accessories purchased from Verizon. If you received a Galaxy Fit 2 or 256 GB SD memory card after you purchased the Note7, you can keep them at no cost."

Of course, I would have researched this before attempting a return OR exchange.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You DO NOT have to pay your bill in order to return your "exploding phone", Note 7, for a full refund. That takes care of the SAFETY portion of your complaint.

Now that you are SAFE after returning your "exploding phone", you would be able to receive a new device after paying your bill.Smiley Happy

rcschnoor
Legend

Additionally, Verizon would have taken that "exploding phone" off your hands for the past couple of weeks for a full refund. That you have chosen to either keep it or continue using it makes YOU the one who is not thinking all that much about safety.

ZANCHI72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually that's not the case.  When I tried to get a loaner phone weeks ago I was told twice in store that they were doing no such thing and to wait for an update.  I them explained that I contacted customer service and said I should come into the store and they would be able to help..but no help was received.  Number two I just want a replacement which I could not receive until I paid my bill...they were fine with leaving me with this.  My point was this recall has been confusing to say the least and one places says one thing and one place says another.

rcschnoor
Legend

ZANCHI72 wrote:

Actually that's not the case.

Actually that IS the case. IF you were actually worried about safety as you claim Verizon is NOT, you would have simply returned your device for a full refund. The fact you wanted a replacement before returning your device simply means you were not all that worried about safety.

IF you are worried about safety, Verizon WILL take your device back for a full refund. Whether or not you can get a replacement device AT THAT TIME since you either don't want to or can't pay your bill does not take away the fact Verizon WILL take back you device NOW for a full refund.

That's fine if you want to wait until you are able to get a replacement after paying your bill, but it is NOT Verizon's fault if you want to keep your "exploding phone" until that time. You can turn it in at any time for a full refund without receiving a replacement IF you are so worried about safety.

0 Likes
ZANCHI72
Enthusiast - Level 2

NOT QUITE!  Okay I wanted a REPLACEMENT...ANY phone which I could not get.  So realistically my option was go without a phone until all this was settled.  Now this  thread is full of people who have bee receiving mixed or inaccurate information from Verizon and Samsung as well. So let's not act like this has been an easy and transparent journey.

ZANCHI72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, just an FYI when I left the store last night after attempting to do just that after the whole ordeal I couldn't do that either as I was told its past the 14 day refund point and therefore I could not do that either.

rcschnoor
Legend

In that case, I would have showed them on any device in the store where Verizon's website, with the backing of the US GOVERNMENT because of the recall, that Verizon will accept a RETURN or EXCHANGE WITHOUT restocking fees.

Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall FAQs | Verizon Wireless

"5.       What will I get if I take my Note7 back to a Verizon Wireless retail store?

You may exchange your existing Note7 for any device without a restocking fee. For any exchange, you'll receive:

• A refund for the price difference between the devices, if applicable
  • A full refund or exchange for any Note7 accessories purchased from Verizon

If you would like to wait for a replacement Note7 device, those devices will be available starting on September 20. If you choose a Samsung replacement product, you'll receive a $25.00 discount towards the purchase of new accessories or a $25 bill credit.

Alternatively, instead of an exchange you can get a full refund at a Verizon Wireless store for the Note7 and any Note7 accessories purchased from Verizon. If you received a Galaxy Fit 2 or 256 GB SD memory card after you purchased the Note7, you can keep them at no cost."

Of course, I would have researched this before attempting a return OR exchange.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

No return accepted for a phone bought online from Verizon.  No exchange offered online.  I'm not concerned about safety because Verizon, a multi-billion dollar corporation who has a duty of care in the recall, is clearly not concerned.  Just going to move forward as is.

rcschnoor
Legend

Of course, if you do not show them their own policy on their own website, there is nothing I can do for you. I can't imagine a Corporate Store after viewing their own policy on their own website would not take a Note 7 as a return. Non-Corporate stores(i.e. Premium Retailers, Best Buy, etc...), on the other hand, have their own return policies and may have slightly different methods they are handling the recall.