Note7 being sold to new customers before current owners get replacement!!!!
Samfunked
Enthusiast - Level 2

What kind of crap is this! I feel so disrespected as customers! This shows who their loyalty is to. Wanted to get my replacement note this morning called the store 30 minutes after it opened and they were sold out! Unreal! Total disregard for the trouble and hastle that every current note 7 owner has endured! They said they can't hold them either! I am just baffled at how Verizon thinks this would be O.K! I feel so disrespected, so insulted!! I will not let this go, it is not ok to treat customers this way! To big to fail complex!

0 Likes
Re: Note7 being sold to new customers before current owners get replacement!!!!
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

Samfunked,

We certainly know that the recall on the Note 7 has been difficult to take in. However, due to the high demand of this phone, there isn’t a way to anticipate inventory. Making sure you do get your phone as quick as possible is important to us. Placing the order online is suggested. We truly apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Samfunked
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am tired of hearing from you guys how sorry you are when you have repeatedly shown you could careless about how inconvenient this has been for the people who have been repeatedly been brushed off trying to get a safe phone! Verizons priority should have been taking care of the customers who already own the Note7! We have been waiting to exchange them for weeks only to be told they were sold to new customers? You find this an acceptable business model? Actions speak louder than words! I contacted the attorney general on your business practices! You know how many notes are still out there and you choose to sell to new customers or someone who wants and upgrade! Shady stuff! Can't even have the consideration to give current note7 owners first dibs? Don't insult my intelligence with another empty "I'm sorry" when verizon clearly doesn't care! I called to have one held on the 20th and was going to be at the store first thing in the morning! I was told "No we can't do that"! Take off your verizon clothes and tell me honestly if you find this acceptable!

ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried online and they said NO... must return to the store. I guarantee you that people purchasing a new phone don't get treated this way. It's horrible that I can't get my recalled /defective phone replaced until MAYBE Monday and IF they have any left when I get there for my scheduled appointment.

sturner888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try calling Customer Service again. It appears the word is slowly getting out to the Reps about how to do it. Mine was shipped Tuesday and will be here today. Many others have recently  posted that they've also had success. The first 2 Reps I spoke with Tuesday had no clue, but the 3rd one was Great and, although she had to put me on hold a couple times to check into it, she had my phone and return packaging/label shipped to me that same day! She also went ahead and credited me the sales tax and 1st payment I had paid on the original phone! Be Politely Persistent !

rcschnoor
Legend

Samfunked wrote:

What kind of crap is this! I feel so disrespected as customers! This shows who their loyalty is to.

Yes, to their customers whether they want to return/exchange a Note 7 OR those wanting to purchase a new phone. Not sure why one type of customer should be held above the other ESPECIALLY when Verizon has been offering to give a full refund on your "unsafe" phone for weeks.

Samfunked wrote:

Wanted to get my replacement note this morning called the store 30 minutes after it opened and they were sold out! Unreal!

And you KNOW these were people who hadn't ALREADY returned their unsafe Note 7, switched back to an old phone and NOW want their replacement. Not sure how you or a Verizon salesman would be able to tell the difference between THOSE people and someone simply wanting to upgrade.

Samfunked wrote:

Total disregard for the trouble and hastle that every current note 7 owner has endured!

And those customers who have ALREADY returned their "unsafe" phone WITHOUT getting a loaner/exchange phone? Do you think you should be ahead of those people? Haven't they gone thru the same hassle as you except they actually returned their "unsafe" device as soon as possible? Seems returning and then having to go back to the store for the replacement is MORE hassle and they SHOULD be put ahead of you in line with your logic.

Sprottn
Enthusiast - Level 2

One of our local stores did the same thing. They sold their Note 7 stock to new customers and people who wanted to upgrade instead of holding stock for people who waited for the "exchange" portion of the program. Not everyone wanted to "downgrade" to another phone and I know I was specifically told by a rep that they WOULD not be selling the Note 7 until they had covered exchanges.

Luckily another local store did just that. People ahead of me that wanted to upgrade were told they were sold out yet when they saw I had my phone and box a rep came right up to me and took me to another counter and took care of my exchange. I was in and out in about an hour.

It isn't about why people waited. I wasn't worried that my home would burn down. It was that if I accepted the "downgrade" would the next rep really exchange the phone later without penalty? If Verizon had not limited us to a September 30th deadline and if they didn't insinuate that clients would have to pay a re-stock fee after that date, I would have waited longer and with patience.

Samfunked
Enthusiast - Level 2

Obviously you can't read! Yes "New" customers! It was specifically stated we could get a replacement on the 21st! So if they knew they only had a couple hundred thousand phones and their are a million people that need the replacement, why sell to new customers? Because they aren't making any money by simply replacing a phone! I hate when trolls chime in about something which they have no clue what their talking about! Why stick up for a company that could careless about you? UNREAL

rosaliemagistro
Enthusiast - Level 1

I AM SO MAD that I switched from Sprint !!  I have been calling a corporate store for 2 days now and I cant get to talk to someone in that store.. I either get someone in Maine or down south !! The store I have to go to is 38 miles from my house 76 miles RT !! 

0 Likes
Dbeak
Contributor - Level 1

Yes the same thing happened to me!!! My son is at college 4 hours away from me so I called the store closest store to him on Monday and asked them to hold a new Note 7 for him when they came in and they said they couldn't. Sure enough when I called today to confirm they had them they told me they were all sold out!!! They said he would have to come in person for them to be able to order him one online. My son has a very busy college schedule and has no time to travel half an hour on a bus and wait who knows how long in a store to simply "order" a phone. If he's making the trip he needs to leave with a phone. I immediately called Verizon online and they processed the order for me. I had to put the taxes for the new phone on my credit card which will be credited back as soon as they receive the recalled phone. Totally worth it! I always have an excellent experience when dealing with the online reps.

0 Likes