Note9 Pie
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

I've owned 3 flagships, Note4, S7Edge and now the Note9 and in all cases Verizon had been the last to upgrade and always after the release of the newer models. It seem like someone at Verizon can give a release date!  The flagships should always be the first to be upgraded not the last.  Verizon you could and should be better than this. 

Labels (1)
Re: Note9 Pie
deloused
Master - Level 3
That’s not true. With both of the prior devices you mentioned owning, Verizon was the second US carrier to provide the most recent android software updates. 

Sprint released Marshmallow for the Note 4 in April 2016, Verizon released it in June 2016, T-Mobile released it in August 2016, and AT&T released it in September 2016. 

AT&T released Oreo on 6/9/18 for the S7 Edge, Verizon released it 3 days later, Sprint released it 7 days after Verizon, and T-Mobile released it 10 days after Sprint. 
0 Likes
lwestall35
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why isn't the greatest cell service in America  ever first? Have they put out a release date yet?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
MotoDroid2Usr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. It's unconscionable for VZW to be this late with our pie update!

The whole thing feels like pie in the sky at the moment. Man LOL

0 Likes
Lostmarine

I am so fed up with these shenanigans.... I want pie and I want it now! I pay an awful lot of money to Verizon and you are failing me!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gbktoledo,

We understand how important this update is to you. I can't wait for this update either. We work with the manufacturer to ensure this update will not cause any issue with your device or service. This can take some time. Please check http://spr.ly/6608EX12g for all release details.

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
mjmjhkgh
Enthusiast - Level 3

We understand how important this update is to you. I can't wait for this update either. We work with the manufacturer to ensure this update will not cause any issue with your device or service. This can take some time. Please check http://spr.ly/6608EX12g for all release details.

JenelleR_VZW

Thansk anyway about response.

But, Thinks about Sprint,ATT and Tmoibel is already DONE.

Why ONLY Verizon has issue about Note 9 Pie update??????

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MotoDroid2Usr, I understand wanting to have the latest updates. It's great you're keeping pace with them and making sure to update your device. I wish I could convince my family to do the same!

A bit like yourself, VZW is at the mercy of when Android releases its software updates to carriers. Naturally, we can't release something Android hasn't shared with us. Once we do receive it, we roll those updates out in batches. This allows for a smooth rollout of the update, and if there are any issues, we can report them to Android before they affect everyone with a Note 9.

The best place to keep track of Software Updates and security updates is at the Note 9 software page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note9-update/

I'd recommend bookmarking that page so that you can check it for new updates. When an update has been made, you'll see it there and know you'll be getting it shortly. I hope that helps clarify things.

JohnT_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheGuyUpNorth
Contributor - Level 1

As a moderator, I just fail to see how you can respond with something you know to be factually untrue.  Other mods have even commented about Verizon testing the update, and you try to assert that Verizon has not even been given the code.  Transparency would certainly go a long way for those who have been patiently waiting.  My Verizon Note 9 is now running it's second official update of Pie.  Yes I sideloaded the first official release which was CSAA with the January security update, and now I have already once again sideloaded the CSB3 which is the February security patch.  Those who are still waiting are still running the the December 2018 security update.  Amazing that all of those like myself who took matters into their own hands have devices running a flawless version of Pie, while those who remain patient are left waiting until the cows come home.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see why you eagerly await the handy new features of Android Pie for your Samsung Galaxy Note 9, mjmjhkgh. Great news, the release of Android Pie for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 happened today, March 12th, 2019. Here are the details:

http://spr.ly/6604EXeSI You can check that article for more info on how to complete the update if needed. I hope this helps. If you should have any other concerns or questions, please let us know.

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes