Notification issues
julrikson

I have a galaxy s6, about a month ago i started having strange notification issues. I first noticed it with my Ring Doorbell app, when there is motion or someone rings the doorbell i would immediately get the notification and that stopped working but i would end up getting the notification later -- Sometimes 10 minutes later sometimes hours. I then started noticing after i would get a text and go read it the icon would still have the 1 on it saying i had unread texts even though i didn't. Then it would happen with email i would go in delete all my unread email but the icon would still display there was unread emails. With snapchat, i would randomly open the program and have a new snap even though i never got a notification about it and other times the same as email and text i would go view it but the icon would still display that i had unread snaps.  I tried clearing cache, using default settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the programs but never went away. Finally i did a full factory reset 3 days ago. It was back to working normally for a couple days but then the problems started again, i first noticed that i got a ring notification that there was motion and i went and looked and the motion was from about 15 minutes earlier and that has continued to not work and the other symptoms are coming back as well. After i did the factory reset i did not change a single setting as far as data saving or battery saving, i left everything as is so that it would not break again.  It seems like there was a software update shortly before this started originally. Please Help it's very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Notification issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

julrikson,

Receiving notifications on your device is a must. To be certain, when completing the Factory Reset, was the setting Automatic Restore also disabled? If not, this would start to reinstall previous applications and settings that could have originally been contributing to the issue. If currently enabled, you will want to disable that setting and reset the device again. Otherwise, if the issues continue to persist even after the device has been properly reset, then this may likely be a hardware issue at which point would require replacing the phone itself. See how to disable Auto Restore here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-173063/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Notification issues
julrikson

I went ahead and did a full restore and tried to use as factory as possible with a few apps i needed installed. Everything was working good until i turned on Bluetooth and paired my headset, i noticed shortly after i did that I started having issues. Turned off bluetooth but still had the issues, rebooted with bluetooth off and started working normally again.  I repeated that test later but i only turned on bluetooth, didn't pair and issue came back. So seems to be related to having bluetooth turned on?

0 Likes