Nougat is killing me!
ladrianson

My samsung galaxy 6 updated recently, but it keeps trying to update.  Under phone info it says that it is now running android 7.0, but on the notification bar there is an icon that when I open it it still says android updating and the bar will appear at different places at different times.  I assume this means that it keeps restarting the download but never finishing.

This also means the cpu is running constantly draining my battery and heating up the phone.

How can I fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nougat is killing me!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ladrianson,

Thank you for troubleshooting with us. I am confident that we can get this resolved. Let's clear this up with the Settings Reset. Here's the link: http://vz.to/2pg2dcg. After it turns back on, please test it and keep us posted.

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ladrianson, we want your phone to work perfectly. So since your device is running this message in your notification bar and draining your battery, we want to see what’s going on. Since this has been happening, have you powered your phone off ( taken SIM Card out ) for at least 1-2 minutes, put SIM Card back in and power the phone on again ? How long has the update been having this notification/issue? 

TakendraW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ladrianson, Let's bring a stop to this update alert. Have you cleared the notifications, since the update? Is anything else acting up? Are you seeing this notification anywhere else?

JoelR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ladrianson

I have cleared it multiple times and it just reappears. I have cleared the

notification, long clicked to go to the system app and force stop and that

clears it temporarily, but it always comes back.

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 10:40 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ladrianson,

Thank you for troubleshooting with us. I am confident that we can get this resolved. Let's clear this up with the Settings Reset. Here's the link: http://vz.to/2pg2dcg. After it turns back on, please test it and keep us posted.

RyanC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ladrianson

I believe it is finally worked out. It has taken a week of partially

loading, the phone restarting and loading starting over, but it the bar on

the notification finally completed and the notification has not come back.

Battery is doing better, but still going down faster than before.

Thanks

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 8:17 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ladrianson, we want to make sure that you enjoy your device. With the battery, have you tried viewing what applications are draining the battery in Apps > Settings > Battery?

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ladrianson

Yes

On May 7, 2017 8:45 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for checking what is using the battery, ladrianson. I'm glad to hear the battery is doing better and the update has completed for you. What is using the battery in your settings menu? How long does your battery last on a full charge? Have there been any other changes aside from the software update?

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes