Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Oreo and clock problems
bigredflier

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and the system recently updated last night to the Oreo platform. I use my phone as my alarm to wake up for work and it is now 1 hour and 20 minutes behind.  I have not changed any settings and have the clock set to automatically update time based on where I am.  It's a big problem when a smartphone can't even do a basic function like tell the accurate time.  Why would Verizon release a system update with so many problems? A quick internet search shows a lot of other people having problems with this update. I haven't had problems with other updates.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Oreo and clock problems
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't run into issues with the clock on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge since the Oreo update.

A factory default might resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Oreo and clock problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, bigredflier. You can find many of the more common fixes for sililar issues here:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s7-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&SMG930VZDA&... . Please let us know if you have any questions or need further aide. 

0 Likes