Phone spontaneous reboot after recent update
JDUBSD

An update was pushed out to my phone over the weekend and ever since it spontaneously reboots.  I can't even start it up in safe mode. Have other people had this issue?  Does Verizon have a solution?  My phone is completely unusable. If I can't get it fixed I'm going to have to cancel my service.

0 Likes
Re: Phone spontaneous reboot after recent update
LUV2HIKENW
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZW had pushed a marshmallow update and now many note 4 and even some note 5  have been stuck in that wonderful rebooting sequence . So far the only solutions that Verizon reps at tech support run everyone through is the same steps that Samsung reps do. Up to this point no one at VZW is willing to forward these issues onto anyone else such as Google , who I am told is the ones  who wrote the marshmallow 6 update to begin with . It sure would be nice if someone at Verizon wireless would take some initiative and point in the direction as to where we users can go for help or better forward our concerns with our problems onto the Google software development marshmallow update team to get a fix . Alas we still are getting the runaround . I've been dealing with this for 9 days now . Samsung can't even give me a location as to where I can get this fixed .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi LUV2HIKENW,

I'm so sorry to learn of the issue with the Note 4. Let's see what we can find out. I've researched the issue you're experiencing, and I would like to ask when you completed the update? How often is this happening? Do you notice if it happens when your phone is hooked up to the charger? Do you have an extra battery to try? Because we no longer sell these devices, we would no longer have accessories for it. I would recommend contacting the manufacturer at 888-987-4357 to discuss further

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JDUBSD

The update was pushed to my phone on Sunday.  The update installed and from that point on the phone continuously reboots.  I have tried getting it to reboot to save mode,  tried a different battery,  tried removing the SD card,  tried connecting it to multiple chargers and no charger. The phone is completely useless because all it does is continuously reboot until the battery dies.  The cause is the update.  The phone worked great until that update went out.  If Verizon can't resolve the issue,  we'll be leaving Verizon for another carrier. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JDUBSD I have sent you a private message in this forum. Please go to https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox so that we can further discuss our options.

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LUV2HIKENW
Enthusiast - Level 2

13 days ago the update was downloaded. Yes my first call to VZW support and we did a cache clean, soft reset and then hard factory reset. Stephanie the tech person I spoke to determined that my problems wasn't caused by any 3rd party software. I was told that she would relay my call or reference it . So my next task was to get a new battery does and charger. I fully charged the battery for a full 15 hours . When I powered up the note 4  for the first time it began and then continued tO go thru the boot loop process.took it into the store next and VZW sales rep said yes it looks like a factory reset was done and looks like now it's trying to go through the activation process. It says activating and mentions that it will take up to 5  minutes . Now about 30 seconds into it I am left stuck in a reboot loop . Took it into best buy the other night and the rep at the Samsung experience said that she she tries to wipe and reinstall the software with the latest update its constantly tries to reboot . In fact she also said that her software [Removed] update is not even recognized now by my note 4.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
LUV2HIKENW
Enthusiast - Level 2

@

Christina_V@support :

Phone battery became totally depleted or fully dead just overnight as battery was in note4 but not charging . I now have it sitting next to me and no lights appear to be lit I have the charger hooked with new power cord and the phone is giving out a constant short quick vibrate.incidenly I did remove the battery earlier after ihad a charge of 71 % and I held down the power button for 30 seconds and reinserted the battery. I turned the my note  back on and The phone went back into the activation screen and then attempted to activate and then the phone shut down and restarted again stuck in the boot loop procedure. I have everything backed up to my SD card as well. This is very frustrating

Also,

13 days ago the update was downloaded. Yes my first call to VZW support and we did a cache clean, soft reset and then hard factory reset. Stephanie the tech person I spoke to determined that my problems wasn't caused by any 3rd party software. I was told that she would relay my call or reference it . So my next task was to get a new battery does and charger. I fully charged the battery for a full 15 hours . When I powered up the note 4  for the first time it began and then continued tO go thru the boot loop process.took it into the store next and VZW sales rep said yes it looks like a factory reset was done and looks like now it's trying to go through the activation process. It says activating and mentions that it will take up to 5  minutes . Now about 30 seconds into it I am left stuck in a reboot loop . Took it into best buy the other night and the rep at the Samsung experience said that she she tries to wipe and reinstall the software with the latest update its constantly tries to reboot . In fact she also said that her software [Removed] update is not even recognized now by my note 4.

As I have mentioned before, yes I have contacted Samsung support twice now and still am getting the same diagnosing suggestions and banter. At this point I think I will have to cancel my phone service with Verizon if this matter is not addressed of a  week and  within  a manner that makes me Note 4 fully operational again. You all up to this point ( IE the manufacturer , Verizon -even google has not been able to suggest anything pertinent ) or helpful;. . Yes this operation of reboot loop is happening with a new battery , cord and charger. And yes this is occurring when my note 4 is connected to my PC

@. Christina_V@support @DeloresK_VZW

0 Likes
LUV2HIKENW
Enthusiast - Level 2

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

LUV2HIKENW​ ,

We appreciate all the troubleshooting you have completed for us in efforts to get your phone working properly. Allow us another chance to take a closer look at your phone. We definitely would not want to see you go because of this.  I will send you a private message to continue.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
ZACGRE35

Has anyone come across a solution for this? I am having the same problem with my note 4. Applied the update (Jan 28) (which pops up every time the screen on my phone turned on making it practically mandatory). Now the phone reboots every few minutes. I have been waiting for my new battery to come in hoping that would solve the problem but it did not. I have tried all of the other suggestions and the problem persists. I even tried limiting background tasks as it seems the phone is getting overloaded / power overdrawn yet the problem still exists with limiting the background tasks.

I have moved on to my old HTC m7 in the meantime. Down my favorite phone and the cost of a new battery for it.Customer Support Suggestions are welcomed.. This seems to be a trending problem which may be related to negligence / lack of hardware support on a recommended update.

0 Likes