Pics not downloaded on computer as jpeg after Lollipop 5.1.1 update
Dragoan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Previously I sent a pic from my S6 Edge to computer email via text app and downloaded to my computer fine. Now after 5.1.1 update, the attachment looks fine in the email but when I go to download it, the file just has 4 numbers and can't be clicked on. You have to manually put an extension .jpeg on the file name to view as pic which is a total pain. Anyone experience this and have a fix?? So dumb

0 Likes
Re: Pics not downloaded on computer as jpeg after Lollipop 5.1.1 update
AZSALUKI
Legend

i was going to try it to see if i get the same results, but apparently i can't even mms a pic to an email address (i use hangouts for texting)

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i switched to the samsung messaging app and sent a pic via mms to my email address. it showed up in my email as a .jpeg attachment. are you using the stock (samsung) messaging app?

0 Likes
Dragoan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I have always used the Samsung text app (didn't like Verizons). Now some pics seem to download fine sop thought it was fixed but just today I took a pic and sent via text to email and same nonsense, file was 4 numbers and could not click on it until added jpeg extension. Hate it

0 Likes