Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Possibility of Discount on Replacement Device / Reimbursement of 3rd Party Accessories
jmcolter
Enthusiast

This entire situation is one enormous mess. Those of us who purchased a Note 7 are now being asked to return the phone and swap it for something else. In my opinion, the current replacement options are underwhelming, don’t have the feature set I’m looking for, and quite frankly feel like a downgrade. The Note 7 is the only phone that I wanted to spend my money on moving from my old Note 4. Now I have to purchase a phone that I would not have been interested in outside of the Note 7. The closest option is the Galaxy S7 Edge, but I have reservations about this since the phone it seven months into its product cycle and will most likely be replaced in March of 2017. This puts me into an outdated version in five months of ownership of a device that I initially had little interest in. Is there going to be some sort of offer/rebate to lessen the blow and make up for the hassle Note 7 owners have had to deal with along the line of a discounted S7 Edge or other Samsung phone? Will there be an option to “upgrade early” without penalty to the Note 8 (or similar device) when/if it is released later in 2017?

Also, what about third-party accessories? I have phone cases, screen protector, numerous USB-C cables, and wireless charging stands that were purchased expressly for my Note 7. The cases and screen protectors are obviously useless on any replacement I choose and the cables and stands could be useless depending on the replacement choice. Is there any way to receive a reimbursement for these accessories?

0 Likes