Private e-mail wont sync on wifi but will sync on data - how do I fix?
F150_

Private email won't sync on wifi but will sync on data if I turn off wifi.  I've tried a multitude of things to figure this out without any luck.

Can't even set up the account on wifi - only over data.

Set up the same account on my Samsung (wifi only) Tablet - all screens appear identical in style and format and all settings are identical - set up the account on the tablet fine  - no problem at all.

Auto sync is on.

Any ideas???

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Private e-mail wont sync on wifi but will sync on data - how do I fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

F150, wow I am stunned that your email is not working over WIFI. When did this start to happen? Are you receiving any error messages when using it over WIFI? Does this happen with multiple WIFI Networks?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Private e-mail wont sync on wifi but will sync on data - how do I fix?
F150_

This has been the situation since the first time I tried to set up my personal (comcast) email account. It took a little fooling around to figure out that if I turn off wifi I could get the account set up and it would sync, but if wifi was on, could not set up the account or if I set it up over data it still won't sync on wifi.

If trying to set up account over wifi I get the message: "cannot verify account".

I can set it up over data, no problem - goes right through, syncs & downloads emails but as soon as I turn wifi back on, it acts like it is trying to sync then says "You may have emails that have not yet been retrieved from the server." If I go into Settings, Accounts, Email - it will show that it synced at that point in time, but it is not pulling anything in. Tried it on one other wifi network with same results.

0 Likes