Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,021 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Qi charging stops working
ENDEVOR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Qi charging will just stop working.  The USB C works fine though.  It happened around two weeks ago, and then rebooted, and it works again.  It then happened two days ago, and then again today.  Has anyone seen this?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Qi charging stops working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to use your wireless charger, ENDEVOR. Have you tested the device with multiple wireless chargers, or are you using the same charger each time? Does rebooting the device allow it to charge wirelessly every time? Does the device stop charging wirelessly if it is above or below a certain battery percentage? Finally, have you tested the charger with other devices, and confirmed it is always plugged in to a known, working electrical outlet when you are trying to use it?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
ENDEVOR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tested four Qi charges, three with my HP X3, and one at the Verizon store with the sales rep phone. The other phones worked fine. If I reboot it, it always starts working for a while. The charge level doesn’t seem to matter, and works fine with a USB C charger plugged in the same outlet as the Qi charger, which still works with the HP.

Jon

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing those details ENDEVOR, let's clarify some additional information to better assist you. Does your device have any physical or water damage? Are you currently using a case with your device? Do you get a message telling you that there is a problem with the wireless charging when it is not working correctly?

Alfredo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ENDEVOR
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is in a Mophie case (non-battery), and has no damage, and haven’t seen any water damage, unless it got rained on (not dropped in puddles or such). There is no message saying it has a problem with wireless charging. I primary use it on the Samsung rapid charger that came with the Note 8 bundle.

0 Likes