S10 not receiving phone calls
dsdj44

For a few weeks now my S10 is not receiving phone calls. I keep having people text me saying they tried to call and it goes straight to voicemail. I can make calls, send and receive texts. My do not disturb is not on and I do not have any number blocked. I have reset the network. Still unless someone tells me I have no idea I am not getting calls. I did  restart the phone I then will get calls, but by the next day it happens again. I have called Verizon who told me there is nothing wrong. Any advise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S10 not receiving phone calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dsdj44 you mentioned the Do Not Disturb is not on, have you checked vibrate from the drop down menu at the top?

0 Likes
sparky4460
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same problem that just showed up after owning my Galaxy S10+ phone for under 2 years.  I never had this problem before.  I spent 5 hours on the phone with two different Verizon Tier 2 reps and they went through all setting on their side and my phone and found no problems.    They next step is to do a complete reset of my phone but after reading this post I don't think that is going to help.  It is completely intermittent.  I can get a call that comes through and 10 minutes later the next call goes to voice mail.  After that all calls will go to voice mail until I reboot the phone.  Then it works again for a while.  This happens in different areas so it is not an area problem or tower problem.

0 Likes
sparky4460
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are several posts on Samsung's forum about this problem that has been going on for years.  Still no answers.  People are switching to iPhone.  Samsung forum:

https://us.community.samsung.com/ynzzy74688/board/message?board.id=get-help-phones-galaxy-s-phones&m...

0 Likes
sanmarz
Enthusiast - Level 1

My S10 would not receive calls for past two weeks, but I could make outgoing calls and receive text messages.  The incoming calls that did not come through did not even show as missed calls.  I tried all fixes online and none worked.  I contacted Verizon Support, and their fifth fix lead me to the solution.  They recommended to Turn HD Voice off and then back on (toggle).  My phone HD Video and Voice was On which i toggled.  Then, a caller to my phone heard more rings, but the call still did not come through.  Then, I completely disabled HD Video and Voice and HD Voice, and I was able to receive calls after that.  See steps to get to this setting below;

HD Voice is included in existing voice plans and minutes are billed as regular voice calls.

1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.

These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings

> Connections > Advanced Calling.
  3. Tap the Advanced Calling switch (upper-right) to turn on

or off. 

Turn this feature OFF here.