S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
Crasher1

My S20+5G has terrible reception during phone calls and when I'm online I get no internet connection ALOT! I pay way too much for a service that I can't use so frequently! My zip code is 85207.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crasher1,

The S20+ 5G is far too awesome of a phone to be dealing with any calling and internet connection issues. Let's make sure you get the service you're paying for. What is your signal strength currently? What difference do you see when you are outdoors versus indoors? Do your issues occur in other areas as well?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
Crasher1

Right now my signal strength is -105 dBm 35 asu inside and I went outside a few minutes ago and it was -98 dBm 38 asu. Yeah the problem is pretty consistent. I had thought when I first got this phone that my days of waiting on buffering were over. What a disappointment. 

0 Likes
Crasher1

So, any ideas RyanC_VZW ? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crasher1, ensuring your services and our network is working properly is important to us. Let's get some additional details. Did you have this issue on previous devices or did it start with this phone? You've mentioned buffering issues. Are you on an unlimited plan that can impose network management restrictions at all times or when a certain amount of LTE data has been met? How far must you be from the impacted location before the service improves? 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to get a bit more information on this issue. How far from the area do you have to travel before you notice an improvement in service? Does the device show 4G LTE? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
mobile Re: S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
MorbidFun
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to jump in and second the experiences of the poster. I am a mobile Healthcare professional and I also Door Dash nightly.

When my S20+5G shows a 4G symbol, everything works great.

When my S20+5G shows the 5G symbol, internet is frequently lost. If the internet does connect, the speeds and response times are way slower than when on the 4G symbol.

This issue has disrupted my job and Door Dashing quite frequently. 

I live in the 98372 zip code, but travel all over Pierce County. 

Re: mobile Re: S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
MorbidFun
Enthusiast - Level 2

While on 5G, text messages and phone calls do not arrive, or arrive way after the fact. 

Re: mobile Re: S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
PuyallupGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem as MorbidFun. I'm in the same city, different zip (98374) but same location overall. There was no problem with service before I got the S20+ 5G.

Paying too much to have bad calls and no internet access.

Re: mobile S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you're having issues with data on our 5G network, MorbidFun. We want to make sure that we get this issue fixed, as it is affecting your ability to deliver. Do you have this issue any time you get connected to 5G? Does it happen in a certain area? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes