S6 problems after Nougat upgrade
amk715
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I tried to update my firmware with the new Nougat upgrade last night. When I retrieved my phone this morning, it was frozen on the Verizon screen. I tried all of the tricks: rebooting the system, rebooting to bootloader, wiping the cache partition, and even doing a hard factory reset. Nothing has worked - not even the factory reset! It still freezes on the Verizon screen. Any advice for a self fix before I take it to a repair shop? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: S6 problems after Nougat upgrade
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Try getting the software update tool ( sua ) from verizon it sounds like it did not complete the update right.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s-6/troubleshooting/#A Troubleshooting Assistant

0 Likes
amk715
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, Kathy! I'll try this.

amk715
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, Kathy. Unfortunately, the tool didn't work either. It was not able to recognize my device as connected via the USB. I'm still only able to access the reboot menu. Thanks!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Try doing volume down-power-home that should put it in download mode and maybe the computer can see it then. also try Kies or smart switch they can also put update on your phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amk715-

Software updates are supposed to make your phone better not worse. I'm sorry to hear that your phone is frozen on the Verizon screen. Can you follow the steps in this link to try an alternate power on: http://vz.to/2pJ7cG0? Any luck with getting past the Verizon screen?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
amk715
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Unfortunately, nothing has worked. Smart Switch and Kies 3 won't recognize the phone. FYI, my phone has never been rooted. I tried again to clear the partition and do a hard factory reset. Nothing. When I go into Download mode, it says installing for a few seconds and is then followed by "No Command," only to go back to the death spiral of rebooting to the Verizon screen.

As a last resort, I took it to an official Verizon store (not an authorized retailer), and they were no help either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amk715,

I appreciate all you've done to try and get this working great. That it continues to give you problems is definitely not okay with us and I've sent you a PM so we can go over details and help. Please respond when you are able to.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

amk715
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, Andrew! I've sent you a pm reply.

0 Likes