S7 Edge shuts off - no battery?
DAIRYCOWZ0512

I bought my S7 Edge in March, have loved it for some time.  About a month or so ago, it started shutting itself off at different battery percentages.  I have seen anywhere from 30%-65% left on the battery percentage but the phone shut itself off.  Once it shuts off, when I try to turn it back on, I get a 0% battery with the picture of the plug in indicator.  The only way to turn it back on is to plug it in and charge it first.  I only used approved chargers, but I use the wireless Samsung dock most (at night).

All updates are installed.

Almost seems to me like the battery indicator is the problem, that maybe I'm actually draining it all the way down but the phone thinks it still has xx% left?

0 Likes
Re: S7 Edge shuts off - no battery?
adriennep_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want your phone to work for you DairyCow0512. Let's get your phone battery working for you. Let's rule out some factors. Please charge only with the original charger that came with the device for 1-2 nights and lets see if this issue persists. Also, I know you said your device is up to date. Please check in the Play store and make sure all your apps are updated (PlayStore - menu-apps and games). Please keep us posted.

0 Likes
DAIRYCOWZ0512

I charge it with the factory charger every night. The issue cannot be judged as persistent because it occurs randomly, at no regular interval. All of my apps are already up to date.

0 Likes
steveng_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to get your phone working the way it should be for you. Having a device power off on you is never a good thing. We know that you stated it happens randomly, but we want to get clarification on that a little more.

Is this something that happens while in a certain app or when using an app in general? Or is this happening completely randomly, for example you are not using your phone and it just restarts with no interaction at all?

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes