S8+ overheats when charging
Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

Hello VZW Support,

Please explain to me why my Samsung Galaxy S8+ overheats whenever I am charging the phone while using various apps such as Google maps or watching streaming videos.  This phone is barely two years old and to be having these issues now is unexpectable.  Please provide a working resolution to this issue of the S8+ overheating.

The issue happens either when the phone is being charged on a USB port or using the wall charger which was bought directly from Samsung.

Regards,

S8+ User

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S8+ overheats when charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bruce27u01, I would be just as concerned over the overheating my phone. I'm so sorry this is happening. Let's get this resolved. First, I have a few questions. 

Can you please tell me when this started happening? Have you recently downloaded any new apps? Does the phone display that it is overheating? 

With the overheating, you can take the phone into a local store for hands-on evaluation, and assistance. You can find a local store here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

There has been not new apps that would cause the overhearting and this issue started happening about 3 months ago. The phone at this point is almost two years old. What will the local store do to resolve the issue?

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Bruce27u01, I would be just as concerned over the overheating my phone. I'm so sorry this is happening. Let's get this resolved. First, I have a few questions. 

Can you please tell me when this started happening? Have you recently downloaded any new apps? Does the phone display that it is overheating? 

With the overheating, you can take the phone into a local store for hands-on evaluation, and assistance. You can find a local store here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it's an older phone, charging while using is quite a load on the battery & might be why it gets hot.

try charging with the phone off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bruce27U01, thank you for your response as we love when our community members assist and provide great answers for our customers. PrButtercup, dealing with phone issues is never fun as software updates are meant to enhance the phone. So sorry to hear you have been dealing with these issues. Bruce27U01 is correct as a factory data reset is always a great step when you update the software. This step ensures that all third-party applications are up to date as they may cause the device to slow down which will burn the battery faster. Please give this step a try and keep us posted on your progress. For the steps to factory data reset your Samsung Galaxy S8, please see the link provided. http://spr.ly/6600E5DAp

NatashaR_VZW

0 Likes