S8+ screen cracked already without dropping the phone?
Todl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone had their S8 or S8+ screen crack already? I didn't even drop the phone and there is a small crack on the lower left front of the phone. I don't even know how it happened, but there is a very noticeable crack. It is very disappointing. I tried to file a claim through Asurion; however, there are no replacement phones available and it was put on backorder.

Re: S8+ screen cracked already without dropping the phone?
JAMFAR70
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine has the same thing..now it looks like a strobe light every time I turn it on..hasn't been 2 weeks since I bought it and now they expect me to shell out more money for insurance to return it

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's never fun to have a cosmetic flaw on any device Todl. I would be questioning this as well if the same had happened to me. We definitely want to have a second set of eyes take a look at the screen. Have you been able to take the phone into your local Verizon corporate location or a Samsung center at a Best Buy? Did you notice the crack the moment the phone was removed from the box, or a few days/weeks later?

LaSindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It saddens me to hear that you're having the same screen issue with your device as well JAMFAR70. I can assure you that we never want you to pay for something that was not caused by you. Was the crack present at the time that the phone was removed from the box? Have you been able to take the phone into a store to have someone look at the crack? This can be a Verizon corporate store or a Samsung center at a Best Buy.

LaSindaT_VZW

If my  response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
JAMFAR70
Enthusiast - Level 1

The phone was not cracked upon opening the box. It was less than 2 weeks

after receiving it that I pulled it out of my pocket and noticed the crack.

The same night the screen malfunctioned and haven't been able to even use

my phone for several days now. I did go to a Verizon location and they were

basically no help at all. Just handing me an insurance claim card and told

me to file a claim. They were comparing the situation to buying a new car

and getting into an accident. No help. Just lame excuses. I've been a

Verizon customer for a very long time, I absolutely dread having to go into

a store because about 90% of the time it's a bad experience.

On Saturday, May 6, 2017, vzw_customer_support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

OCRMOM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happened to me. This past Saturday I noticed, after taking my phone out of my back pocket, that there was a crack in the bottom right part of the screen. I didn't drop the phone, so this makes me even more upset.

I contacted Asurion, & of course, it's $149 to fix it. Absolute bull considering I've been reading that these phones are cracking for no reason.

Wondering if a Verizon store can fix them. I truly do not want to send in my phone or wait for a replacement.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OCRMOM,

We truly understand how it feels to have a screen crack without dropping it. It's important that you have a device that's in good condition. Because of this, we checked to see if there were any known defects confirmed by Samsung, but we weren't able to find any. The best option would be to contact Samsung directly at 888-987-4357 for repair options or to file an insurance claim with Asurion.

ShawnteJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response.  This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBMOO49
Enthusiast - Level 2

My S8+ is "protected" by a Spigen case and an Anker glass screen protector that were installed when I received the phone. About a week later I discovered a 3 to 4 inch crack one morning and another has now appeared within the original. I'm not sure if the case is the cause or there is a problem with the lens. The case was an easy install and did not seem to be tight. The phone was not dropped. I've filed an insurance claim with Asurion but this is very disappointing and I'm wondering if this is becoming a problem with the S8 and S8+

_S8plusnow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here....a random crack out of no where.  Never dropped or placed down hard.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@S8plusnow- we are sorry to hear about your device. Have you taken the device into a store to have it examined? Do you have a screen protector or case on your phone?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes