SEVER BATTERY DRAIN 2019
Bolair0121
Enthusiast - Level 1

I HAVE A SAMSUNG 9 AFTER LAST UPDATE MY PHONE WON'T HOLD A CHARGE!!!! LOSES POWER VERY QUICKLY. IM NOT UP GRADING IF HAVE TO WILL SWITCH A DIFFERENT PHONE CARRIER.  I HAD NO ISSUESE UNTIL THE UPDATE. VERIZON IS DOING IT TO GET PEOPLE TO UPGRADE THERE PHONE. SINCE PEOPLE KEEP THERE PHONES LONGER NOW. SALE ARE AS GOOD AS THEY USED TO BE.  WHY WOULD YOU UPGRADE TO A NEW PHONE ITS THE SAME PHONE BUT A DIFFERENT SIZE.  IF YOU STOP AND LOOK AT A APPLE PHONE VS SAMSUNG  VS LG THEY ARE THE SAME EXCEPT SIZE AND MYBE A FEW OPTIONS DIFFERENT.

Labels (1)
Re: SEVER BATTERY DRAIN 2019
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would hate to see you leave the Verizon family, and we understand experiencing a short battery life on your device is extremely inconvenient. We are here to help. Please run a Device Health Check on your device. The results will inform us about the issues your device is experiencing and their cause. The following link will guide you through this process.https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/
Also, have you made any recent changes to your device's settings such as adjusting the brightness or downloading new apps?

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

all caps, really impressive!!

after any update you need to go thru everything, as the phone may be notifying you of everything.

fwiw: i've had updates change my ringtone, which is easy to reset.

0 Likes
BHSOF2000

I haven't downloaded anything new in fact I have deleted a lot of applications that I wasn't using because I got a replacement phone for one that broke recently. Please explain to me why my phone does not last an entire day on a 100% charge from the night before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question. How many hours per day is your screen turned on? Are you mostly in areas with strong signal?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
SPARROW40
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel it was this "replacement cell" as my upgrade is due in april yet I haven't needed to utilize my insurance until last nov and I've had issues ever since I received this "new to ME CELL" hmmmm.?......js

0 Likes
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

Shut the phone down, take out the battery for 5-10 minutes. Give phone battery time to de static charge build up. Should restart phone after updates anyway. It is just a little computer. 

Ragnarok is coming! We will not be able to pay high rate marking cost, to keep are phones and other forms of entertainment. We are not a social economy. OH no we are all doomed! 

0 Likes