SGS7 - FIX the WI-FI problem VERIZON!!
GuitarMuse
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why aren't you putting a WORKING wi-fi fix out for the SGS7 ???? My husband and I just upgraded both of our phones to the Samsung Galaxy S7 plus signed a new 2 yr. agreement and we can't connect to google play to install new apps or to update existing apps without using our data usage plan!! This is unacceptable!! We never had this problem with our past Galaxy Phones! Complaints are pouring in to your forums and across the web about this problem! It doesn't matter if this is a Samsung defect or not! Verizon, you are promoting this phone with your ADVERTISING and BRANDING!! Besides taking a loss on sales for this phone you are bound to lose customers as well!!

If this problem is not addressed before the 14 day return period of our new SGS7's, my husband and I are returning these phones/cancelling our contract and leaving Verizon!

Re: SGS7 - FIX the WI-FI problem VERIZON!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there GuitarMuse.

I definitely understand how concerning this would be, not being able to download or access the PlayStore via Wifi. We certainly wouldn't want to see you go due to this. I want to dig a bit deeper into this with you. I'm going to send you a Private Message. Please respond there and we can continue.

LeonardL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a update out for the S7 to fix the wifi connection issues. Have you installed it? Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GuitarMuse
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes! we’ve already applied that update to both of our SGS7’s the very evening we returned home after purchasing them!

This Software update (Software Version: MMB29M.G930VVRU2APB5) was applied to our phones at approximately 6:06 PM on March 26, 2016.

After this software update, we have still not been able to download or update apps from Google Play, using our phones Wi-Fi

0 Likes
GuitarMuse
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi LeonardL_VZW,

Here is your private message that you emailed me followed by my reply which you never responded to! :

Hi there GuitarMuse. 
I want to do everything possible to resolve this with you. I know that I'm big on downloading numerous apps, and it would be a problem for me too, if they couldn't be downloaded via Wifi. What exactly happens when you try to download content or access the PlayStore via Wifi? What do you see exactly?

I have seen a couple of instances of this happening, and a fix, recommended from Samsung so far, has been to actually clear the cache and data for the Play Store. Please try this by going to settings> applications> application manager> choose the Play Store> choose Storage> clear cache> clear data. After you do this, please test it out and let me know what you see and what happens exactly

MY REPLY:

I appreciate your help but no, . . that doesn’t work! I knew it wasn’t working as soon as I got on to google play and the images still took over 1 minute to load! But when only on 4GLTE data, the images on google play load as fast as the app loads. I’ve tried this before from seeing this on other forums. I did however try it again just now (to no avail). I’ve also tried turning Bluetooth on and off, restarting my phone, resetting my phone to factory defaults, shutting down and restarting my my PC as well as, recycling my “Motorola ARRIS SURFboard SB6121 docsis 3.0 modem and my D-Link DIR-825 Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router” (both of which have never caused problems with our previous Verizon mobile phones, nor have they caused any problems concerning wi-fi and/or Lan connections to ANY and ALL devices we own!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might take them a day or two depending on their schedule to respond to Direct Messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem with both my wifes s7 i got on the 26th and my s7 edge brand new just got the edge today. Both have been updated to the latest update and do not download apps from the play store!

0 Likes
Andy63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has this been resolved?   I can't connect to google play, gmail or YouTube on wiif with my new S7.  I just switched from ATT and iPhone to verizon and andriod.  I'm not impressEd and I think I made a huge mistake.  My son has tmobile and an S6 and has no issues  on my wifi.  It's got to be a Verizon issue.   Please resolve this.  I'm draining my data while at home.

0 Likes
spdooley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you experienced the issue when logged into a different wifi connection (like at a coffee shop), or is it just on your home router?

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

It has not been resolved we have the same problem. I'm really [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] about the reported software update fix that didn't fix anything. I have state of the art wifi at home i have 5ghz and 2.4ghz wifi on comcast blast at over 100mbps and my new phones won't work on it. I'm definitely thinking about returning mine.