SOUNDS & NOTIFICATIONS
pinkfallingstars
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone does NOT RING. Started using new Note 4 approx. 1week &half  ago & phone WILL NOT RING. Spoke with Tech Support Level 1. Read thru same info I can read myself & could do nothing to help solve my "no ring" problem &was told need higher level tech. Did not have time then to go thru w/another person. VERIZON 2 CALL BACK @ 6pm the same day. NO CALL BACK &STILL NO ANSWER TO SOLVE NO RING PROBLEM. Does anyone have the answer to solve this problem? The is of no value to having pjhone ig it does not ring. HELP PLEASE! Thanks

0 Likes
Re: SOUNDS & NOTIFICATIONS
Snn5
Legend

Was this a new or used Note 4?  Have you tried any other ringtone?  Does this "No sound" incident happen with email, text, and phone calls?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
pinkfallingstars just to build on what Snn5 was asking, are you able to hear any audio? Music? Speakerphone? Tones from games or other applications? Please check these and let me know the results. Thanks!
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Snn5
Legend

True.  If sound comes through, like music files, through the speakerphone, then the folder for ringtones might be at fault.  If no music comes through the ext speaker, then the speaker/hardware itself might be in question.  Perhaps you might try an app like Zedge that will create its own folder for ringtones and when you change a ringtone in settings choose a Zedge tone and perhaps it works.   If that works then something is amiss with the system notifications folder.

0 Likes
Indian
Contributor - Level 1

If you have had the phone less than 14 days, I would take it back and get a new one....NOW!  If Verizon tech can't fix it, it needs to be replaced.  Don't let the 14 day window go by or you will end up with a "refurbished phone".

0 Likes
pinkfallingstars
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try to find out if the speakers work for other applications.  Duh, didn't think about this.  also, the phone is new, only been using about a week.  I know I will also have more questions.  Thanks for any help in advance.  Back at you soon.

pinkfallingstars
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry about the delay in responding to everyone.  The note 4 is new. I have tried all of the suggested solutions and I still have no sound.  I took the phone to a Verizon store and they verified it to be a factory defect.  Offered to return and replace but would not exchange for S5 because of the time elapsed.  Store excessively busy, had dr. appt , did not have the time on a Friday to wait for all the exchange hoopla.

I WAS NOT planning to use Verizon again for my provider, the customer service is very POOR.  NOT the fault of the associate trying help. The answer always is COMPANY POLICY.  VERIZON GET UP TO SPEED TO MAKE YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY, EMPOWER YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENTS.  PEOPLE HATE NOTHING MORE THAN TO HEAR THE WORD POLICY!. I am on a month to month plan and because cost is prohibitive to leave Verizon at this time, I will get this phone exchanged and live with COMPANY POLICY until it doesn't cost a fortune and I will be finding another provider. AS EVERYONE CAN TELL I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH VERIZON from the past year of problems. CUSTOMER FOR 12 YEARS, NOBODY CARES ABOUT CUSTOMER RETENTION. VERIZON ASSUMES THEIR MARKET IS 'IN THE BAG' SO TO SPEAK, BUT WITH THE LACK OF CARING FROM CORPORATE EXECUTIVES, THE LAME ANSWER 'POLICY' WILL NOT WORK FOR LONG. 

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND YOUR TIME!!!!Smiley Happy

0 Likes