Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 "sim card not detected"
pigtails702
Enthusiast

How do I get rid of the error message "sim card not detected" on my Galaxy Note 5?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 "sim card not detected"
bearone21
Legend

sounds like you all have defective sim cards that need to be replaced.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Smitty927
Enthusiast

I too have been having this issue almost daily.  It even popped up and interrupted me while I was in an app, closing the app.

Anyone in the know??

MLConway5270
Enthusiast

I have been getting the same error message for about a month.  The only thing the troubleshooter does is tell you to remove, reinsert and restart phone.  I've done this twice, to no avail.

GenoBandino
Enthusiast

Same Problem. I remove my case, find my key to open the sim card tray, take out the sim card, put it back in, and close it. Then, I have to put the case back on. This is a pain in the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]  It has happened about 5 times now, and if you don't have the key with you, you are [removed] ....and if you are out of town on business and lost without your phone, tough!

hasselbringx5
Enthusiast

Has anyone figured this out?   Happens every hour 4 to 5 times, have to restart all day

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sounds like you all have defective sim cards that need to be replaced.

0 Likes
gwusimm

But it works fine after restarting the phone...

0 Likes
gwusimm

I have the same problem. It's getting more frequent. Did anyone resolve this issue? Did Verizon come up with a solution?

Thanks,

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor

I had the same problem a few months ago...random, like 3 times over a month...I had one Verizon tech state that if the phone loses it's signal it will automatically roam....but can't switch back.....IDK, I have a network extender....she said that happens go to settings - mobile networks...and make sure LTE/CMDA is selected....it hasn't happened since...so let me know if this helps

0 Likes
hasselbringx5
Enthusiast

This is still happening to my phone.  At least 4 times anyway HOUR.  I've tried everything

0 Likes