Samsung Galaxy S6 Block Texts
Dragoan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see online the Galaxy S6 is supposed to have an option to block text messages from the stock text app. My stock app is missing this blocking feature so leaves me no options to block scamming texts. Why did Verizon take this feature taken out of its Samsung Galaxy S6 cause that is the only reason I see it being done. Is it to make people use the Verizon Text app? Does anyone else who uses the stock app see this feature available?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Block Texts
mama23dogs
Legend

Yes,

Select the thread, tap the more dots at top right, mark as "spam"

0 Likes
Dragoan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Neither my stock app nor the Verizon App has that Spam option. Confused as to why it is not there for me and there for you. You have the Galaxy S6?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Not anymore.  But the Note 4 is the same.  Are you in the right screen?

from the screen which lists all threads, it should pop down.

[personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
nsankus

There is no "spam" on my Galaxy 6S either.  None of the online solutions show up on my phone.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No one likes spam messages including myself, nsankus. I would love to help. I do know that phones do updates periodically. If you do not see it under.

1. Go into Messages, then tap on “More” in the top right corner and select Settings

2. Go into Spam filter
    Tap on Manage spam numbers
    Here you can add any numbers or contacts you wish to block
    Any numbers or contacts in your spam list will be blocked from sending you sms. If you wish to see the messages that have been blocked. If you do not see this then you are not able to block the spam messages

Have you tried texting stop to that message? 

AmberF_VZW

0 Likes