Samsung Galaxy S7 Microphones not working with HD Voice
Palert33

Hello,

My wife and I updated the software on our Galaxy S7's on 11/1 and the microphone on my wife's S7 cut out while using the HD Voice and Advanced calling. Also, the LTE signal strength would drop while we were at home and the calls would not go through.

We turned off the Advanced calling and HD voice from her phone and the phone worked fine again. Is there any reason why this should be happening? Has the software for the HD Voice not been updated to work properly with Android Nougat?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Microphones not working with HD Voice
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Palert33,

I'm happy to know that your wife's phone is working fine now and thanks for your hard work with troubleshooting the original concern. I'll be more than happy to take a deeper look into the coverage in your area to confirm if there are any known issues for us to get to the root cause of why this is happening. What's your zip code? Do you receive reliable service outside of your home with HD Voice/Advanced Calling enabled?

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Palert33,

I'm sorry to hear that your wife's phone has been experiencing issues with the audio since her recent software update. The good news is that this is not a known issue of this update. We want to ensure that both your devices are working. Since this occurred after updating, you can follow the steps at the following link to repair the software.

http://spr.ly/6580DBxXg

You also mentioned that calls were dropping at home, and LTE signal was dropping. It is true that service is weaker indoors, and this can impact call quality in your home. Does service improve outdoors? What zip code do you live in?

MichelleH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Palert33

Sorry that it has taken me this long to get around to answering your questions. The HD Voice issues were happening both inside and outside the house. The microphone would not work at all either indoors or outdoors. Our Zip Code is 48174.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details Palert33. We want to be sure to continue working towards a solution. Does this issue only happen in that zip code or is it happening anywhere she uses the phone? Were you able to complete the software repair using the link provided?

RashadM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes