Samsung Galaxy S7 randomly muting ringtone
dlarsen

How can I get my phone to stop randomly switching my phone to mute with no ringtone for incoming calls.  This has been occuring ever since the last update.  When it mutes the ringtone if I go into the Sounds and Vibrations option under Setting and select volume, the Ringtone volume icon has a slash thru it and will not allow me to increase the volume.  If I reboot my phone it will then reset and allow me to increase the volume on the ringtone but after about 6 hours it goes back into mute mode. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 randomly muting ringtone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dlarsen,

It has to be extremely frustrating that you phone makes your ringtone volume unavailable since the last update unless you power it off/on. It's important that we work to get this resolved. Did this start immediately after the update or have you downloaded any new application since the update, then it started? Let's also check to make sure "do not disturb" is disabled. To check the setting, please click here for directions: http://vz.to/2sehsr8

KatrinaN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dlarsen, hearing that you're experiencing issues with your Galaxy S7 randomly switching to Mute (With no ringtone for incoming calls) since your device's last update greatly concerns us and we'd like to get this issue resolved for you as quickly as possible. Software updates are intended to enhance the performance of any device, not cause its user to be inconvenienced.

While partnering with the Samsung Corporation, we can confirm that the issue you're experiencing with your device is not a known issue at this time. This is a very urgent matter, as our valued customers greatly depend on their devices to work correctly at all times.

Based on the troubleshooting steps you've already completed, I recommend that you consider completing a factory reset of your device. This process will reset your device back to its original factory settings and often helps resolve issues like this.

Before considering a factory reset for your device, please ensure that you've backed up your stored data using cloud services (e.g. contacts, pictures, videos, music, call history, documents, etc.) or you'll lose the data on your device. We certainly don't want that to happen. I've provided additional information about Verizon Cloud here for you at: http://vz.to/2sewxcp. Once you've accessed the website please scroll down to view "How do I get Verizon Cloud on my phone, tablet or computer?" for additional information about using Verizon Cloud.

I've  also provided the steps to initiate a factory reset of your device here at: http://vz.to/2sOdH94. Please keep us updated.  - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Psrobinson
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's a terrible solution.  Shame on you for even suggesting it.  The update caused the problem so another update should fix it.