Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
Smhawkins
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have just got the N3 on the 10th, i pre-ordered it from best buy. I have spent over 8 hours with best buy and Verizon trying to get my service to work everywhere. we have changed the phone and the sims card more than 3 times. No luck, Verizon is now investigating to see what the issue is. anyone else having this problem? i think i should just switch services since Verizon doesn't seem to care about their customers.

Re: Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
Klue
Master - Level 1

Would you claify this statement please "trying to get my service to work everywhere"

Are you saying it works in some places and not others? If you are then take note that there is not a cell phone in the world that will work everywhere regardless of service provider, so switching providers is not going to solve much.

0 Likes
Smhawkins
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I say not everywhere I mean it doesnt work in my home, in stores, at my friends house, not even at school. It works at Walmart for some reason but it doesn't work in normal places that my old phone did. My old phone which was at DROID bionic still has 3g and service could that be the reason why? Also my friend has the N3 with sprit and his works where ever we go

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

If your old phone still has 3g and service that could very well be your problem.  Go into your VZW account and see what phone is listed as active. Make sure only one active device is listed for your phone number. Make sure the old phone is turned off and remove the battery. If you are still having problems consider exchanging the phone for a new one.  Your phone just might be defective. Before taking it back consider doing a factory reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Smhawkins,

No service is no good! I know how important it is to have a properly working device at all times. If you were to leave Verizon Wireless we would be devastated. Let's dig a little deeper. Which VZW team is investigating this issue for you? Have you had any recent updates to this investigation? Does the issue only occur when you are in doors at these locations? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport 

Smhawkins
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, they have closed my ticket because they said it was not a connection issue, there is something wrong with the hardware. I called yesterday and i spoke with customer support and they informed me that Verizon and Samsung are having a meeting to fix this issue because i am not the only one with this problem. she said she would get back to me today but has not yet. do you have any updates about how they are going to fix this issue, or should i just switch services?

0 Likes
sirboozalot

The same problem with my Note 3. no service where my charge had 4 bars help please

0 Likes
Bbhill
Enthusiast - Level 2

This isn't just your problem, its a major problem for Verizon and Samsung. The note 3 is experiencing major network issues. Mine for example will work in one part of town and not the other.  I can move 1 mile and the phone works. I have spoken to both Verizon and Samsung and they are aware. In Virginia, this is effecting every Note 3 sold.  Its to the so bad my local Verizon is experiencing very high returns.. I have 3 Verizion phones and am able to use one when the note can't get a signal .  I just purchased the note and gear. At this point I'm going to have to return both.  I can't have a phone that you never know where it will work.  I can tell you Verizon is saying a possible fix sometime in November

DjBobby
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I live in Virginia Beach and I went to Charlottesville on Sunday. My Note 3 worked perfectly until I got back home. Ugh...returned, back to my Note 2 (which I actually still REALLY like and may just skip Note 3 altogether now).

I guess since my Note 2 is rooted, I'll wait for someone to port over 4.3 and the Note 3 ROM...haha I bet that'll happen faster than Big Red getting this problem fixed. This Verizon Note 3 rollout is just as bad as the Obamacare rollout

0 Likes
DjBobby
Enthusiast - Level 2

Klue, I think that was a pretty lame response. I think we can all assume that he means he can't get service everywhere or anywhere he was normally getting service with his last device. Get a Klue man...

0 Likes