Samsung Galaxy s5 mysteriously deleting emails
jshargrave

I just upgraded to this phone, and I can get my Comcast emails OK, but they disappear after an hour or so. I had this set up with no problems on my old Droid x2. I've been on the phone with Verizon and Comcast, and they of course blame each other. I am desperate to get this fixed, as I use my phone for work emails. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy s5 mysteriously deleting emails
bearone21
Legend

have you deleted emails on a pc?

J_Polley

here is a question that might steer us in the right direction, are the emails also disappearing off of your web mail (xfinity.comcast.net website)?  If they are not, try this:

go to settings.

Accounts

Email

Settings

select your accnt again

"more settings" at the bottom of the screen

make sure that the number of emails to load is set to a number that will get you through a week or so... since you use it for work, 100 might be a good start.

THis might be good to check too while your in the settings:

Now go to the bottom of the screen and select "incoming settings"

scroll to the bottom and make sure that "delete emails from server" is set to "never"

i hope this helps...

0 Likes
AnitaM1204
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S5.  I am receiving my email, but it randomly keeps deleting them.  I have checked the settings, but everything seems fine.  I have it set at 200 emails and to "Never" delete them,but it continues to do so.  Has anyone figured out why this keeps happening?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, AnitaM1204! In many cases the emails will delete in order to make sure there is enough memory on the phone in order for it to work properly. Are you using the email app that is preinstalled on the phone or have you installed an email app from the Play Store?
Keep in mind emails that have pictures and attachments can take up quite a bit of space on such a small device so by design it will delete emails.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Johannagus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my Galaxy S5 a week ago and it is deleting emails randomly. I have a centurylink account and I use it for work. It is driving me crazy. I was on the phone with verizon tech support for over an hour and got nowhere. I have tried every idea here. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
AnitaM1204
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have followed all recommendations, but still continue to have this problem.  I have deleted my email account, reinstalled.  I have a 16gb memory.  This is a new phone and it has done this since day 1 so I don't think it is the memory.  I have changed my email settings to 200 emails and never to delete, but still I continue to have this problem.  If anyone finds a resolution, please let me know.  I am using the email app installed on the phone when I received it from Verizon.  Perhaps I should try another email account from the Play Store!  A friend has the Samsung S5, but with AT&T.  Her software allows her to pull her other email through her gmail account.  On my Verizon phone, it will not allow me to do that.  I have to go to two separate apps to set up gmail and my personal email account.  Could this be a problem?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A recent update to the gmail app allows for other e-mail accounts to go through the app; you may want to ensure the app is updated and give it a try to see if it helps your situation.

B33
Legend

That is nice added Feature.!  in the app

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I use it in my S5 with the gmail app and love it, no problem with any accounts.