Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge not receiving emergency alerts
rainchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've noticed I have not been receiving emergency alerts for anything, weather, fires, amber alerts for a few months now. Never bothered me until the fire closer to where I live. Others from other networks, ATT, Sprint, are getting them. I went through and made sure all my settings are correct to receive them, and still nothing. There was one about mandatory evacuations last night due to fire that I did not receive. Luckily I am north of where the fire is, but it is now in my county.  My zip is 93436. What's the deal?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge not receiving emergency alerts
bearone21
Legend

they default to on unless turned off, are they turned on in the app??

0 Likes
rainchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure what app you are referring to. My settings are all turned on, and have been, to receive emergency messages, I just do not get them

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

This is a problem that a lot of us has been having.There have been a lot of posts on this but I am not sure if they have found a answer yet.

So sorry to hear that you are so close to the fires. I pray that you your family and home are safe

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hope you and your family are safe during this time, rainchick. It's important to stay updated on current emergencies in your area. We'd like to look further into this to find out what's going on. If you were on a call or using data at the time of the alert, you will not receive the alert to your phone. Authorized senders will determine what areas will receive emergency alerts and will not send new original alerts if missed. You can learn more about emergenct alerts here, http://spr.ly/6583D1Yrt. Have you ever been able to receive an emergency alert? Were you using data or on a call during the release of the emergency alert?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rainchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, thank you. We are just smoked in with bad air right now and safe. I was not using my phone at all, I was asleep actually. But yesterday I did received the alerts! Don't know why, butbi got the two evacuation notices that went out, unlike the night before. So, hopefully playing in the settings and turning it off and back on did something. Though, I did that before when I didn't receive an amber alert everyone's else around me got.

It's scary times with this massive Thomas fire goinng on right now and I need to be prepared.

So, as of last night it worked twice, hopefully it will continue and they didn't send out more after those two.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

bearone21
Legend
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rainchick,

It's good to know those alerts are now working for you. We hope you'll continue to remain safe and out of harm's way.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes