Samsung S20 plus notification problems
Rickk919

Hi  I just switched from my s9+ to the 20+. I am having an issue with receiving notifications. Either they won't come at all or a couple might occasionally come in.  I have it set the same as my S9+. As a test, I fired up my old S9+ on wifi and got a bazillion notifications from the last 24 hrs the phone has been off.  In comparison the S20+ got nothing. everything else seems to be working fine.

As I am typing this my S9 just got updates on Yahoo news, bleacher reports, and smart news. The S 20 nothing

The steps I have taken are the normal ones, checking notification settings, adaptive battery settings off and is set for maximum power, app settings, system updates etc all = to my s9+. I even went so far as to do a soft reset and cleared the phone's internal cache. The only thing I haven't done is a full system restore

I know I could upgrade again to a newer phone, but choose this one as it had more ram large battery and an sd card slot whereas the newer do not

The phone must be partially working as I do get some notifications, but nothing like I should.

Any suggestions I can try greatly appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S20 plus notification problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Are you only having issues receiving notifications from apps, or are you not getting it from text and calls either?

*Leyla

0 Likes
Rickk919

G'morning Leyla Thanks for responding. Yes, it appears to be apps only. I seemed to receive texts as I should. I can't honestly answer phone calls as I haven't made only 1. Lol not very social.

One thing I tried since my post is I removed my sim card, restarted, than reinstalled the card. I was told that would make the phone search for area towers. That seemed to help.

Since my old phone was 4 g and that's the card I used, would a 5g card make any difference? I am not sure if I have 5 g in my area

Thanks and have a great day

0 Likes
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

You might try getting a new sim card. I was told I could not use the sim card from and old phone in a new one.

0 Likes