Samsung S6 frozen on Verizon screen
Artworksprod
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just looked down at my phone and it is displaying a dimmed out Verizon screen as if it is in the process of shutting down. I just had it charged to over 80% so the battery power was fine. It has been doing this for about twenty minutes now and is completely unresponsive to any buttons of plugging it in to the charger. I know that it just went through an update yesterday but I have no idea what it is doing and I cannot get it to turn back on or off. PLEASE HELP!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung S6 frozen on Verizon screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Artworksprod, I know I would be just as concerned with my S6 if it stopped responding. We are here to help out. Since you last posted here in the community forums, has your phone restarted and is it working like normal?

Just in case, if your phone is still unresponsive; Please hold down both the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously. Your phone should shut down on its own after a bit. (Usually about 12 seconds or so.)

Please keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Artworksprod, I know I would be just as concerned with my S6 if it stopped responding. We are here to help out. Since you last posted here in the community forums, has your phone restarted and is it working like normal?

Just in case, if your phone is still unresponsive; Please hold down both the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously. Your phone should shut down on its own after a bit. (Usually about 12 seconds or so.)

Please keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dragnmstrx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Issue resolved with above mentioned fix, but does not answer why it happened in the first place. installed update for Nougat within last 24 hours, but phone had worked fine. plugged it in when I went to sleep, then woke to the dim Verizon screen.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad that resolved the issue, dragnmstrx!

There are different things could have caused the phone to freeze like that. Being that the software was just updated, it can take a few days for all of the applications to optimize. It's always a good idea to power the phone OFF for about 3-5 minutes when there is an update, as well as restarting a few times a week.

Our phones are like mini computers that can do so much more than computers do; however, we tend to use them pretty heavily throughout the day. Sometimes they just need to be reset to function at their best.

VanessaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Shockwaveudk
Enthusiast - Level 2

This same thing happened to me.  I got the update last night and my phone was fine this morning.  I look down after 9am and its stuck on the Verizon screen.  I had to do the Power and Volume down to break out of it.

This really looks like something from the update that went bad. 
My phone is back to normal now, but I think you should investigate before it becomes much more wide spread.