Samsung S8 Not On Registered Network, No Service Available, Roaming Option Off
miscue

My phone will not place or receive calls or text messages.  

I received and error message that stated "No Service Available."  But, my friend standing next to me with a Samsung S10 and Verizon as her carrier, had service and her phone worked!

Next error message to appear on my phone was "Not Registered With Network."  I have a Family Plan with Verizon.  How am I not registered or not receiving service from my Carrier?

Next error message was "Roaming Option Off."

I went to a Verizon store and purchased a brand, new SIM card.  I had the Verizon tech install it for me.

My phone still will not work properly.  Please help, if anyone can.  Thank you.

Miscue

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S8 Not On Registered Network, No Service Available, Roaming Option Off
c00p4w

I am having a similar problem with a new Pixel 4a. I cannot make or receive calls or text messages, and accessing the internet works only sporadically. When I place a call, I get a message that says, "You are roaming. To call your mobile carrier or any other phone number, purchase a calling pin by pressing 1 now. To make a collect call to a mobile phone or a landline phone, dial 2 now." My network settings tell me that roaming is disabled, and the other line on my family plan works fine.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S8 Not On Registered Network, No Service Available, Roaming Option Off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to use your phone without any issues, C00p4w. Let's take a closer look into this. When did this issue start? What signal is showing on the phone when this happens? Has there been any changes to the device when this started such as new updates or apps? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
bwolery

My Device says: phone is not registered on a network. I have turned it on and off, turned wifi on and off, checked my connections and made sure I had the most recent update and it still isnt working. I have been using the same phone for a long time and never had this problem. My internet is working and I have never touched my SIM card and never had a problem before. I am in my home so it isn't a roaming problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bwolery, we always want your phone to be working properly. Let's take a look into yours. Do you recall anything out of the ordinary happening on the phone before this started? As examples: a software update, new app downloaded, etc? Any physical damage to the phone: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-141941/

-Christine

0 Likes