Samsung S8+ Now Useless
Tironef1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My last S8+ payment was made this month.   My phone has been excellent up to this point.  Coincidentally as soon as I reached payoff, my phone has become useless, sluggish, errors, hangs, and needs to be rebooted frequently.   I worked with support several times and it hasn't improved.   Is anyone else experiencing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S8+ Now Useless
bearone21
Legend

i was having the same problems of goofy shutdowns with my note5 & ran the verizon software assistant.

rejuvenated the phone & changed the ui.....give it a shot as it may help.

0 Likes
Tironef1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I installed the Verizon software assistant and connected my phone.  When I run the software assistant, I can't press the next button.  It';s greyed out.

0 Likes
fedup8

Interesting.   the exact same thing happened with my Galaxy s5...... what a coincidence....  All technicians approached have suggested that it's because my phone is "antiquated"  I have been told that Samsung will not support a piece of equipment over 2 years old.    and they have refused to deal with the situation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tironef1,

Congrats on paying off your S8+, and I'm sad to hear it is deciding to misbehave now. I have a Note9 that is only a year old and it has similar issues every now and then, so let's get this addressed for you. Can you elaborate on what you're using when the device runs slow (data applications, system overall, specific application)?

Also, I see that you've attempted the Verizon Software Assistant, which is great, but it's not cooperating either. First, to be sure we're on the same page, are you using the instructions here (http://spr.ly/66011ZzFB) to guide you along? Lastly, which step number specifically are you tied up on? This will help us address the root cause.

We'll be standing by, eager to get a resolution in place.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support@ryanc_vzw  What exactly is the Verizon Software Assistant?  I have a Droid Turbo 2 and searched in the Play Store for 'verizon software assistant' and don't see any apps that look like what's referenced.  Maybe there isn't one for my model?

Update:  Ok, so it is for Samsung only. That answers that.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rironef1, thanks so much for confirming those details for me. Please share with me did you notice this issue after anything new has been done to the device (new app downloaded, software update, etc)?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i downloaded to pc, usb to phone.

opened the app & it took close to an hour to finish.

https://www.allmobitools.com/motorola-software-upgrade-repair-assistant/

0 Likes
Tironef1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I went through the diagnosis steps with Verizon Support on several calls.  I requested 2nd level support on the last call and he throughly went through my settings and apps.  No eureka moment.  After that the phone still misbehaved.

0 Likes
Tironef1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Needing a working phone for business and personal and being at my witts end, I caved in and got a new Note 10+ 5g.

0 Likes