Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,485 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Samsung S8+ Oreo USBc OTG broken
Viixm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have searched the web, I've searched this site, nothing has helped. I am a huge supporter of OTG technology and use my devices to their limits... I was excited about updating to Oreo. It was going to be a great update!!

Little history though. This is the worst Samsung Phone I have ever owned!!!! This is not a light hearted statement. I've owned 10... A week after I bought it, the phone cracked being in my back pocket and insurance wanted 200$ to fix. Then the mic on headphones stopped working and support said this too was an insurance problem.. 200$... USB support has been hit or miss, now since the March update, nothing. I have read here some 18 threads of people having problems with Oreo... Really????

The problem with USB is that the update says that too much power is used so the phone can't connect to the USB. Please help!!!! The USB is an HDMI  docking station that has been known to work with 7.1 and is self powered.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S8+ Oreo USBc OTG broken
Viixm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

PS, Love that you guys are using Jive!!! I'm a Jive Dev and Community Manager     

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Viixm1 wrote:

How long that will last since the sale of Jive to Lithium is another question.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Viixm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:

Viixm1 wrote:

Wait, wasn't Jive just sold last year to Aurea? And yes, that was a huge mistake too.... I'll have to admit that support is horrid to say it least... @Ann154

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Viixm1 wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

Viixm1 wrote:

Wait, wasn't Jive just sold last year to Aurea? And yes, that was a huge mistake too.... I'll have to admit that support is horrid to say it least... @Ann154

If I understand the Jive forum posts correctly, some or all of the Jive platform format was sold to Lithium as part of that sale.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Viixm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, so this is why I haven't heard any thing... 

Lithium to Acquire External Online Community Business from Jive | Lithium | Lithium

Lithium is accuiring jive-x while Aurea is holding on to to Jive-n

X- external community

n- internal intranet community

emerald2723
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am seeing the same issue.  Everything works fine, but the thumb drive is not recognized.  I am currently on with Samsung, and have tried safe mode, but even then it doesn't see the thumb drive.  I have tried reformatting the thumb drive between NTFS and exFAT, but both still don't work.

emerald2723
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also, connecting the phone to the PC works fine... it just seems to be the thumb drive/phone/otg connection

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention, Viixm1. We would like to gather some more information to look into this matter for you. Please send us a Private Message, and we can look into this further.

0 Likes
Viixm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can only send pms to friends...

0 Likes