Samsung galaxy note 3 problems
tbsheffield

Since latest software update:

I'm having trouble sending text messages. When I hit send, it remains in queue for a long time. Sometimes it won't send the message at all.

Battery draining much more quickly than before update.

Can't install apps from play store. It will start to download and get to 100% and then just remain there. Only if I restart my phone, will it finish the installation.

Randomly getting pop up notification that reads "unfortunately Google play store has stopped," when I haven't even been using Google play store.

Lastly, I backed up my photos and tried to do a factory data reset. It won't work. It just says "shutting down" and continues for over 10 min, until I eventually remove battery to get it to stop.

I'm extremely frustrated with these issues and can't seem to get an answer, even after bringing my phone in to a store. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung galaxy note 3 problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

All these issues you're having are definitely not fun tbsheffield! I certainly understand your frustration, and I apologize for the problems so far. Not to worry though, we're here to the rescue. Are you using the text message stock app? If so, please reset the application http://vz.to/SogQc8 , as well as resetting your Play Store app. Then, test both applications. Battery draining can happen because your phone is trying to send that failed message as well as attempting to download apps and updates. If issues persist, please place device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1hQURB5 and use it for 24 hours. Let us know if these steps help. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
bigdiesel311

Exact same issue here. Just put my phone on Safe Mode and all the problems are still there. What am I looking for 24 hours from now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying that step bigdiesel311. We recommend disabling all the 3rd party applications and then adding them on one by one while testing your phone for issues. If you start to have issues with your phone after a particular app is installed, that app could be causing issues with the phone and software. We recommend removing that app or checking for an update for it. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes