Samsung s20+ looses internet when going from 4g to 5g
Shockwaveudk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone else with a Galaxy s20+ loose internet when going from 4g to 5g.  Then internet is fine once back on 4g?  This happens all the time to me by the Woodbury Commons in NY. 

The phone says 5g, thinks its ok but nothing will talk until i get the phone back to 4g. 

Reboots, nothing works. 

Anybody else?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung s20+ looses internet when going from 4g to 5g
mkargol
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dealing with the same issue. Not sure if this is going to be the solution or not but got a new 5g sim card today.  I havent traveled in to 5g territory yet so the verdict is still out.  Check and see if your sim card says 5g on it, if not then stop in your verizon store and get a new card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to troubleshoot this with you. Are you currently in a 5G area at this time?

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
Shockwaveudk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its always on the NY State thruway when driving.  So I can never really trouble shoot when driving. 

I do notice all internet doesn't work, but txt and voice works. 

I have to find a spot where I can easily go in amd out of 5g and 4g

0 Likes
Shockwaveudk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks,  I will look.  I got a new sim with the phone, so I can't imagine they sent me a non 5g sim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shockwaveudk, we want you to enjoy our 5G network, so we're right here to help. Have you always had trouble since day one with this? Do you have the most up to date software on your phone? (Settings > System Updates > Check for System Updates). 

0 Likes